NEW IDEA... IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick little story...
Two years ago I was looking for a few things to make my GTS look a little better.
I loved the H. M. S. exhaust heat shield and all of the brushed aluminum goodies but they were so expensive.
I thought it was rediculous how much people were charging for these products.

They wanted something like $550 for the heat shield and $450 for the sill plates.
So I decided to make my own.
Since then every once in a while I will come across another viper owner who really likes the aluminum stuff and asks me where to get some.
I say "I made it myself and I'm not sure if anyone sells these parts."
So recently I posted a pic of my car that really shows the heat shield around the tips.
I had three guys call me about it.
I just called a metal fabrication shop around here and got the details on producing a large quantity of thse panels and plates.
I was wondering if anyone here would want any of these products if I could get the price down low enough.
If so I will look into making several with the machine shop.
If not I will only make a few by hand for the couple of people I have already talked too.
Please e-mail me if you are interested. [email protected]

If I can get some volume:
Exhaust Plate $150
Side Sills $225
Rear Shelf $175
You must be registered for see images

Thanks for your input.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like, how about also making door sill plates? or is that the side sill plate you were talking about?

pics?

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TLZ,
The side sills is the door sill. I will post a picture of the sill plates soon. They turned out very good.

Anthony,
How have you been. Get the GTS done?

Also I failed to mention, someone asked me about te mounting procedure on the exhaust plate. I used stainless screws to mount it. They have held up great for the past two years. For the guys that don't want to attach it that way we won't pre-drill the mounting holes. Instead someone suggested using two sided tape. I think the fasteners complete the look myself. I also have a plate I made on top of the intake that makes a real handy spot to mount N2O solonoids. I'll put the pics up soon.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NEW IDEA... IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

The exhaust shied looks nice but those wheels/tires RULE !!
It almost looks like a photoshop pic.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Put some air in your tires!"

That's just black paint on the rim with the tread drawn on!

Those tires are like an inch thick!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Put some air in your tires!"

That's just black paint on the rim with the tread drawn on!

Those tires are like an inch thick!

Joe, those pics are computer generated. read the earlier replys. But 22' HRES if the existed would look nice. Almost no tire compared to rims. Never get away with that with these NY roads.LOL

Adam

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys thanks for the responce. I am getting the list togather now. I will try to get the pics of the side sills up this afternoon(thurs). I just took down all of the email addresses and I will email you a confirmation email soon. I expect this to take maybe a week to a week and a half. Talk to you soon.

P.S. If anyone else is considering any of these products please let me know as soon as possible. I will be buying the materials soon. Thanks.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 exhaust shield for me as well.

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the exhaust shield, however, I'm not crazy about drilling in to my car nor do I think double sided tape will hold over time. Any other attachment solutions come to mind?

Can you integrate the screw heads in to the shield design (keeping the back of the plate flat and making the screw heads part of the external design) and use some sort of clamp to hold the shield to the body of the car?

-Will

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the exhaust shield, however, I'm not crazy about drilling in to my car nor do I think double sided tape will hold over time.

All of the emblems on your GTS are attached with 3M double sided tape...and they are on there forever...Unless you remove them...This will work perfect, if there is a "lip" of some type to hide the bulk of the tape...

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a picture of the side sills. Keep in mind these have been on the car for two years now. I havent used any polish or anything on them the whole time.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damnit sheep boy!.. we want to see the picts again!!! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960