New Jack Rachett Gen V rendering at allpar

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Viper rumor roundup page, there is a new rendering (in silver).Below it are a few paragraphs as to why the rendering is the way it is. Don't suspect it looks too much like the Gen V, but it's closer than his previous renderinngs from what I've seen from the spy shots and heard from those who went to VOI and got to see it in person.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
figured it would be easy to find, since the link's on the homepage, but thanks anyways.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like sh*t. And to add to that, it looks like he based it off of the 8C. We already know it wont be. So tired of seeing these hideous renderings.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ralph has done an great job with all the Srt's so we all know the new Viper will be incredible and surely not look like those pictures

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like sh*t. And to add to that, it looks like he based it off of the 8C. We already know it wont be. So tired of seeing these hideous renderings.
it says the rear was based off a mashup of 8c, Aston Martin, and Firepower.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the Jared Allen rendering on Allpar kind of intriguing:

You must be registered for see images attach

Other than the nose looking too much like a Jag, that is.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the Jared Allen rendering on Allpar kind of intriguing:

Other than the nose looking too much like a Jag, that is.

better but still too generic looking. not curvy enough like a "naked woman" ect.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it looks anything like that I will be happy bc my current viper value will sky rocket. And I would never have to worry about trying to afford that ugly thing. Ewww

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol those renderings are hideous. I love how most of them are based off the Ferrari 599 platform with a few Viper "bits" photoshopped on top. So stupid.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed he used Corvette lights up front as well. Maybe he should stop making mashups and actually render something. At least base his shoops off of a Viper and not every other sports car known to man.

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say it it better have 750 hp, with the new $55,000 GT500 ******* with 650 hp, the 100K Viper better bring some power.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say it it better have 750 hp, with the new $55,000 GT500 ******* with 650 hp, the 100K Viper better bring some power.

I'm not a fan of mustangs but that is pretty ridiculous/awesome to get that much horsepower from the factory for about 60k. I'm sure the stang fanboys are creaming themselves.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bit useless to compare a 2 ton behemoth 4 seat sports car built on a regular assembly line to a (relatively light), nimble 2-seater hand built in small numbers. Not in the same market at all. The Viper will assuredly be the king of thick, flat torque curves so in the end, peak HP isn't too important.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry kdaviper, but I can assure you that the PD 5.8 will have a significantly flatter torque curve than any NA engine. It will also make more torque down low. Its just the nature of positive displacement blowers.

OP
OP
K

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you're right. just looked at some torque curves for some supercharged engines compared to their stock counterparts. almost completely level for some of them. I still think 650hp in a production mustang is silly though. I guess what matters is that there are other people who don't think it's that silly who will buy the hell out of them when they come out. Damn blue oval cult....

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand why they keep rendering straight sides at the back of the car and no hips. The drastic change from tucked in doors to wide rear fenders is what gives the viper an exotic shape. Every rendering makes the Gen V look like a me-too. It needs some 365mm tires in the rear with a 2-4" wider track than the current gen.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last few comments had me curious. I've overlayed my Turbo Ford car dyno graph to the Viper, just for kicks, but never the old blower car.

The comparison is a 4.6L DOHC with a 3.4L Whipple, normal bolt ons but stock motor, versus a bolt on GenIII Viper. Both were done on the same dyno, both tuned in house and both on 100% 93 Octane.

Pretty cool comparison.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you're right. just looked at some torque curves for some supercharged engines compared to their stock counterparts. almost completely level for some of them. I still think 650hp in a production mustang is silly though. I guess what matters is that there are other people who don't think it's that silly who will buy the hell out of them when they come out. Damn blue oval cult....

I'll tell ya, drive one then you may change your mind. It's a blast to drive, completely different experience than the Viper, but the car is a lot more versatile and still gives a grin from ear to ear when you stomp the loud pedal. Hell the car doesn't handle that awful either.

Having had one of those sleds making over 750hp, and driving it every day for a summer while I was away and took one car, it was great. I once got stuck in DC rush hour traffic and after the 7 hour ride home up the northeast corridor, I stopped at the local race track and trapped 130 a few times before getting home and taking out my suitcases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang