Reaction score
Just received my short shifter for my blue and white coupe from MGW
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome ...

Perhaps I'm blind, but I can't find either ... The knob nor shaft on MGW's site? Where did you happen to get it?

OP
OP
W

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome ...

Perhaps I'm blind, but I can't find either ... The knob nor shaft on MGW's site? Where did you happen to get it?
Its new not on website yet call contact George at MGW 706-793-1770 he will email pictures 6 different colours and 2 size shafts.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a really positive shifting experience order the MGW shift mechanism from Mark J at Woodhouse. Way better than the stock shifter especially when coupled with the shorter shift knob.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wiretech

Another Ontarian! :yay:

Have we met? Are you a member of the Ontario Chapter? Do you attend any VCA events? Whats the car details?

Sorry to highjack the thread..... Not often I see fellow Ontario people here......

OP
OP
W

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Robert! how are you, We already met at Spring Fling 2012 the only blue viper that won the trophy . It's nice to hear from another Ontarian.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want a really positive shifting experience order the MGW shift mechanism from Mark J at Woodhouse. Way better than the stock shifter especially when coupled with the shorter shift knob.

+1

IMO, the improvement in shifting comes 90% from the shift mechanism and 10% from the length of the shaft. With the stock shifter, missed shifts were maybe not common, but they happened. Since I installed the new shifter, I've yet to miss the gear I was going for. It's like you can sort of feel where you are in the "H" pattern, and I didn't get this from the stock shifter setup.

Installing this mech isn't that bad if you want to DIY. Consider it a good time to also replace the lower rubber boot (which on mine was complete toast) and install a skip-shift eliminator, if you haven't already.

Bryan

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1

IMO, the improvement in shifting comes 90% from the shift mechanism and 10% from the length of the shaft. With the stock shifter, missed shifts were maybe not common, but they happened. Since I installed the new shifter, I've yet to miss the gear I was going for. It's like you can sort of feel where you are in the "H" pattern, and I didn't get this from the stock shifter setup.

Installing this mech isn't that bad if you want to DIY. Consider it a good time to also replace the lower rubber boot (which on mine was complete toast) and install a skip-shift eliminator, if you haven't already.

Bryan

+2 It does make make difference....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang