New pics of the new HRE wheels taken outside. At bottom of previous post!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Y2KGTS!

Sorry Viper friends, I don't know how to post pics here yet! I will learn soon, I promise!

I think you will REALLY LIKE the outdoor pics my lovely wife took of the SRT; the angles she used let you see once and for all that the SRT is "ALL VIPER"!

CHECK THE NEW PICS OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

Jim :cool:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice!

I can hear it now...

"Ooooh! New Viper! New Viper.....AGAHGHAGH!!! MY EYES!! I can't see anything!" :)

Gorgeous wheels...and the wheel gap isn't in the interogation light now like you mentioned. ;)

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nexus-6;

I need more input!

So, how do you really like the way the SRT looks from those angles and with the new wheels?

I think the SRT looks lower for some reason. Also, check out those curves on the fenders, really quite Viper-like in my opinion. SRT looks great with top down. Both are very nice to me.

Give me some feedback, OK?

Jim

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks fantastic! There's still a small bit of gap present when it's "as it sits" but honestly there are just a few manufactuers in the world that have figured out the wheel gap vs clearance issue -PLUS- with clearance so minimal in a car like the Viper it's just not worth it to put it in the weeds if you have a steep driveway or speed bumps in your 'flight plan' After all, there is such a thing as "too low for a daily driver. I'd much rather deal with a tiny bit of gap vs scraping everything (after lowering 2 of my cars to eliminate all gap I now deal with scraping or rerouting how I'm getting from A to B)

Also, have you looked at the car from other cars? I find that my perceptions of certain cars and their "good angles" can change depening on whether or not I'm looking at said cars from a stand, crouch or riding in another car. I'd wager that the gap is hardly noticable whatsoever from the riding position of another car.

Speaking of the gaps - of all of my cars, only the BMWs fill out the wheel wells "Cleanly" with very little gap. The M Coupe has just enough gap both front and rear to get your hand flat atop the tire - and no more. If you're trying to wash down the interior wells for example you have to arc and reach just to keep from slicing your wrists so a little gap DOES have it's advantages! ;)

The rear gap % does look a touch bigger than the front, all things being equal. Those rims really shine with the silver - what a combo! That's what I meant by the "my eyes!" comment - the gleam on your car is enough to guide lost ships to shore!

Take care and enjoy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi