New Pirelli Tires Installed

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my Michelin run flats off and new Pirelli Pzero Rosso tires put on-275/35/18--355/25/19. Got them from Parts Rack. Extremely happy with tires

-Very nice looking-
-Handels great(all difference in world compared to run flats)
-Much quiter & softer ride
-Very sticky tire
-The smaller side walls means less flex.
-Corners great
-Eliminates wheel hop(very bad on oem tires)
-Viper seems to be quicker
-To start with-32 lbs of pressure all around(cold).

The Pirelli's are little lower ,Jon says about 1/2"-so it does leave a little more gap-I am having the spring caps put on in a few days so this should help a little. I probably will , next year, go to a good lowering suspension.

I will be doing more testing ,on the same flat stretch of road ,with a new meter I have. Will keep you posted.

I also just ordered the 3.55 ring and pinion from Parts Rack-will be very interesting to see the difference this change makes and how the Viper & tires respond.

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss,

Glad to hear it. If my wheels ever get here I'll get mine mounted up. I am doing the 3:55's as well as soon as they get here. Since the sidewall is so mush less do you notice any difference in ride? Good looking ride brother.

Mike :2tu:

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06-cant wait to get your report on 19&20 Pirelli's. Unlike my Viper you wont have any gap problem with your set up. I think you have the motons??

The ride is so much better and they really really grab its a great tire ,you wont be disappointed. I know I will get less miles on the Pirelli's. But as I mention in another post this will depend a great deal on how agressive I drive the Viper. To be honest you know it is hard not to drive agressive with a Viper.

I feel for you man - having your new Viper on jack stands. Thats like going on your honey moon without your new bride. :( Hey Z06(I think you mentioned you were engaged) are going to have the Viper ready for the wedding?

Tell you what-since I can perform weddings-if you come to Ky Ill do the wedding for FREE. This offer is good for any vca member.
;)

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Hiss. Were getting married in April in dana point by the beach. I know I will get less milage out of the pirelli's but I'm o.k. with it too. This isn't a caddilac. Nice thing about the Pirellis is you loose a ton of weight. Look at the weights on tireracks guide. The difference is quite large. Hopefully I'll have the wheels by the end of the week.

Mike :2tu:

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06 that sounds like a beautiful setting for a wedding. You have a lot of planning ahead but your giving it enough time to made the necessary plans. It will be a great wedding. Happy for you.

With the 3.55 about what speed will one need to shift to second--Maybe 50mph?? I know I will be shifting more but it should make things better for the higher gears.

No telling what the 3.55 will do to mpg-but that is again how agressive a driver you are.

Some of you with the 3.55 share with me what I can expect.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss, I have had 3.55s for two years now and I really like them. Great mod in my opinion. I have made two trips this year, one of 1,000 miles and another of 1,500 miles. My average miles per gallon on both trips was 18.5. Trips were in the northern Arkansas area, so not flat land area for sure.
This site will tell you what you need to know about shift points.
http://www.turnzero.com/technical_resources.php?resource=gear_calculator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960