New "Plasma" light halo installed

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the next generation halos installed on The Green Machine. Also had the green LED purge floodlight adjusted.
You must be registered for see images attach

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to say it's not impressive, but having two "nozzles" spray out at angles would make it look really like an animal or snake spittin' venom!!

Cheers,
George

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Phastec Performance in Houston install the Plasma halo. They are as bright as LED, but look more like florescent - no bright dots of light.
BillyC
So they took the headlights and foglights apart to install them? Did you have the amber markers removed while you were having them take the lights apart?

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to say it's not impressive, but having two "nozzles" spray out at angles would make it look really like an animal or snake spittin' venom!!

Cheers,
George

Thanks, George.
That was the first thought, but after ruining two badges I settled for one tube, and two LED's. These badges aren't your normal ornaments. They have a hard glass or some kind
of clear ceramic coating that chips and bursts when drilled. Using a diamond bit helps, but not a lot.

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they took the headlights and foglights apart to install them? Did you have the amber markers removed while you were having them take the lights apart?

Yes, the lamp assembly has to be taken off, taken apart, then sealed and reinstalled. Not sure about the amber lamps. I'm picking the car up today, and will give more details. The amber lamps may be state law, but then, are halo's allowed? Time shall tell.
BillyC

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah! I'd like to send mine down over winter and get some Blue or something! Pricing would be great!

Installing halo's is one of those things that look simple, and quick. But it really needs to be done by professionals. I hesitate to reveal the price Jason charged me, as we are "friends" and a quote from me may not be accurate. But then, it could be *@^# your buddy week too - LOL.
BillyC

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is simple but not quick. There are a TON of DIY videos on how to do the halo installations on multiple platforms of vehicles, you probably won't find one of an install on a Viper because it is very uncommon but the same principles apply to GEN3 and 4 with baking and Gen 1 & 2 no baking.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the lamp assembly has to be taken off, taken apart, then sealed and reinstalled. Not sure about the amber lamps. I'm picking the car up today, and will give more details. The amber lamps may be state law, but then, are halo's allowed? Time shall tell.
BillyC
amber lamps are not the law, the color of light is. If you use amber light bulbs, you should be fine. How much did it set you back? I assume they did a flawless job.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is simple but not quick. There are a TON of DIY videos on how to do the halo installations on multiple platforms of vehicles, you probably won't find one of an install on a Viper because it is very uncommon but the same principles apply to GEN3 and 4 with baking and Gen 1 & 2 no baking.
I understand the principal, just get shaky considering the cost of lights and no replacement lenses available (you can buy them for corvette but not viper, ***?). Not like I did not have an experience melting lenses and cracking housings in the past, crap happens...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the principal, just get shaky considering the cost of lights and no replacement lenses available (you can buy them for corvette but not viper, ***?). Not like I did not have an experience melting lenses and cracking housings in the past, crap happens...

Yeah they are expensive to replace but the adhesive used is the same as other cars. You will not melt your headlight and not sure you will crack your housings. I was like that a long time ago so I sent my headlights from my old car off to get baked and custom painted (non viper), they came back and were not up to my standards so I redid his work.

And you can get replacement lenses from Don Scharf though its not a high demand item.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4