New Plates :D

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because of a string of stupid decisions this past year and the resulting ramifications from the State of Texas, I decided to literally (and figuratively) put it behind me with commemorative plates.

Cause:
You must be registered for see images

Effect:

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was impressed that they were all murdered out...hadn't seen black cuffs before :)

I'm hoping that the plates are disarming humor and not something that provokes Johnny Law. Since this car is a lot more rare than my old one I thought I'd get custom plates...plus the new ones in Texas are UGLY :crazy2:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed that they were all murdered out...hadn't seen black cuffs before :)

I'm hoping that the plates are disarming humor and not something that provokes Johnny Law. Since this car is a lot more rare than my old one I thought I'd get custom plates...plus the new ones in Texas are UGLY :crazy2:

Yes, THANKS GOODNESS Jason doesn't have a Red R/T any more...now I am less likely to get pulled over :lmao:

Darn Cool plate man...it will definately bring on the questions :eater:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's tempting to ask:

What's the story behind that first pic.? Was somebody driving a bit faster than the law allows??

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, THANKS GOODNESS Jason doesn't have a Red R/T any more...now I am less likely to get pulled over :lmao:

Darn Cool plate man...it will definately bring on the questions :eater:

I'm just glad I haven't put blue stripes on my GTS Ryan, 'cause then I would be the one hunted now... :)

Interesting plate, could be good or bad in the end.... :)

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's tempting to ask:

What's the story behind that first pic.? Was somebody driving a bit faster than the law allows??

Short version:

On Easter I passed a Prius (in the Viper) on the shoulder and an off-duty deputy followed me for 10 miles so I got arrested (and convicted) of reckless (SHOULD BE WRECKLESS CUZ I'M BADASS) driving.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe the cop misread your plate as RST ME?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Because of a string of stupid decisions this past year and the resulting ramifications from the State of Texas, I decided to literally (and figuratively) put it behind me with commemorative plates.

Cause:

Effect:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got lucky then - I got the sport the nickle bracelets for a few hours on a couple of occasions. Yep, all vehicle related. My reckless accusation took 14 months and almost $6k to knock down the negligent driving 2 (like a 5 over speeding ticket). :spank::aargh:

Reckless driving is equal to a DUI :omg:

I didn't have to wear them either, as the officer only had one set, as one set won't reach.:dunno:

V

Venomiss

This plate is awesome.
Are you going to somehow put that picture in this years holiday cards? That's a classic.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This plate is awesome.
Are you going to somehow put that picture in this years holiday cards? That's a classic.

Dunno about that :)

My brother was in the cop's face with his digital camera while he cuffed me, and the pics were on Facebook before I was even booked. That's brotherly love for you...at least I was in the Viper so it was a decent story.

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reckless driving not witnessed by the officer that pulled you over which he stated was for no front plate? People who pull off onto the shoulder, commonly done in Texas, to allow for another to pass would fit this? Sorry I still think the whole thing was a bunchoship. You damn Canadian presidential astronaut.

Sec. 545.401. Reckless Driving; Offense. (a) A person commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property. (b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by: (1) a fine not to exceed $200;(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30 days; or(3) both the fine and the confinement. (c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies to: (1) a private access way or parking area provided for a client or patron by a business, other than a private residential property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles; and (2) a highway or other public place. (d) Notwithstanding Section 542.004, this section applies to a person, a team, or motor vehicles and other equipment engaged in work on a highway surface.

Last edited:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet if You'd stood a little closer to the razor and didn't have those ear ring things....(cop maagnets..must be drugs) they would have let you off...BUT pass'n a Prius..sacriligious.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll bet if You'd stood a little closer to the razor and didn't have those ear ring things....(cop maagnets..must be drugs) they would have let you off...BUT pass'n a Prius..sacriligious.

The cop was actually really cool; he'd dragraced in high school at the Temple track I just got back from (hence the writing on the windshield). We swapped a few stories about racing and high-speed chases (him, not me ;))on the way to the big house. He said he'd never have taken me in had the deputy (desk jockey at the jailhouse) not insisted. He was actually kinda miffed because he was supposed to be making traffic stops looking for drugs, not harassing speeders.

Oddly enough, for Austin I'm pretty normal-looking...especially for a guy in the advertising/art field. If I ventured up towards Dave's neck of the woods I imagine I'd get treated a little more like I did when I lived in Missouri.

"HAY, BOY...YOUR BOYFREN LAIK DEM ER-RANGS?!"

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok jason, just reread the thread

you got arrested for that :dunno:

reckless = DUI :omg:

so hard to find a safe mexican fwy these days :mad: