New Project

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have teamed up with Autoform to create a limited build car to commerate the 10 year GT2 Championship Edition. Autoform and BJ Motors are building 10 limited edition 1998 GT2 Commerative Championship Edition Vipers.I am enclosing a few pictures of the build in progress.
You must be registered for see images

This is in the infantry stages and feedback would be appreciated. This car can have this same look if desired as the photo below, or can be refined. I am submitting to the minds in the know. Practical, Radical, Consensus

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the pics coming...
Will look the nuts in full race decal...

Are you going side exit as well??????????

Last edited:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having one of the Autoform commemorative cars makes me interested in this project. How similar are they going to be to the Daytona 24 cars?

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different car regarding the Daytona. Back when the Daytona cars began my car was the prototype. This car has a totally differet rear, same competition fascia, roof scoop delete, blue and black interior, This car will have suspension to lower the stance. And will follow the White and Blue paint scheme. The base models will be identical to this first one being built, options will be availble to replicate the GTSR with decals, different hood, roof scoop, all 10 are going to be white with blue.

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With good intentions we hope to have this one completed by Christmas. The other cars will be determined by supply and demand. This project is being done the right way, all panels have been removed and sprayed and then fitted for alignment. The cars are time consuming but after the first one is completed we should have a gauge on time frame, costs, options. I will keep all updated I will have a section on my web site with progress, parts, options, etc. This is just a sneak preview.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, I'm really curious about the final outcome :2tu: Will it also have the decals that are on the GTS-R or are those copyright protected?
Some constructive criticism: area around the two lights over the grille should resemble the race car more (glass included), scoop needs to be added, need to see some chin splitters, centre section of the hood added as well as the Prowler mirrors.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with this, seems cool but a bit speculative, hope it works out!

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on Commemorative GTSR Build and a link to the pictures of how the progress is coming along. I am very pleased with the way the car is turning out. More to follow?

Commemorative GTSR

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have been waiting almost a month for a quote for sending my car to get some major modifications from autoform. i guess i see why they are too busy to get back to me. nice project. get them to fab up the car with the wider body (flared fenders) to get more of a race and unique look. i am sure it would help sales and wouldnt cost too much on your end to make the visual modifications.

Lake Murray Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie

The car looks great and I know you have been working on it for awhile. I have been too busy to spend much forum time and just noticed the post. No doubt the car will be done "to the 9's" if you are doing it.:2tu:

I may be interested by the time number 10 rolls around :D

Good luck. These cars will be head turners for the future owners

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael thanks, Head Turners definetely, collectible no, but fun to own and when I get the car back, suspension, bolt ons will begin. It needs to be fun to drive as well as look good. Anyway I know you look in the garage and see a hole, let me know when it's time to fill it again. Hope you and the wife have a great Holiday.

OP
OP
B

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to wait before posting preliminary costs so i could be close to accurate, but have had numerous e-mails and wanted to let those that are interested know where we are now with a rough estimate with numbers: Please keep in mind this has options and does not have to be as intense as the first one we are building or can even more radical with engine mods if one desires: I have included a list for now and will post this on my web site:

These are preliminary numbers. I have broken it down so you can see what each part costs.

Lemans Competition Fascia & Splitter - $2395.00
Leman Wing - $1800
Rear Diffuser - $895
Tow Hook (Front) - $295
Center Louver in Hood GTSR Style- $495
GTSR Style Roof Scoop - $295
Interior Two Tone (Blue Black) - $1200
Canards - $125
Side Splitters - $600.00
Sticker Package - $1200

Total Parts - $10,000.00
Labor - $ 15,000.00

Labor - This package includes pulling all the body panels and painting them individual panels as you see in the pictures I have on the net. We believe the package is going to have a total cost of $25,000.00, but will not know until we have all of the labor hours completed and all of the parts on the car. Should be soon. I have tried to break it down so you have a decent idea of what each part costs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bernie Katz
General Manager
BJ Motors, LLC, A Virginia Corporation
1543 River Road West
Crozier, Virginia 23039
1-804-784-7208
1-804-784-7209 (fax)
1-804-347-1808 (mobile)