New REAL Pics of GEN-V at the CEMA show

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just doensn't get it done for me. Especially that gaping whole in the door, whats that al about, that lookd horrible. They should of brought that in a few inches. Other then that it looks good, they better be real careful how they price this car or they may shoot themselves in the foot.

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just doensn't get it done for me. Especially that gaping whole in the door, whats that al about, that lookd horrible. They should of brought that in a few inches. Other then that it looks good, they better be real careful how they price this car or they may shoot themselves in the foot.

Wait to see the final product in person up close. You will change your mind. In pics, I think the GEN2 GTS looks better. In person my wife prefers the GEN-V. I'm partial, but think it's a close tie after seeing it up close. There is no more confusing it with a Corvette like the GEN3's and 4's.

Last edited:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i speak for several people on this forum when I say;

"SHOW US ONE IN GTS BLUE DAMNIT!!!!!"

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I love my Gen 2 GTS, but,

That is easily the best looking Viper ever made.

Best Viper design ever, by a big margin.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that's 1 of the 3 White GTS's built in 1996. That's the first time I've even seen a picture of one. :2tu: Thanks for sharing the pics.

Last edited:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear still seems to have the SRT Huge Ass problem. The SRT coupe had a huge rear end that looked tall and bulky. Hopefully it will look more aggressive in person, but in these pics it has a weak road presence. A little extra width in the rear would fix the balance issues so the car doesn't look so tall.

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those pics! The close-ups of the 'go-live' car look great... that said, I'm a little concerned by how the body panels fit together. While I don't expect the test mules to look great, there are some clear places where the panels of the 'go-live' car do not quite align or the spacing is uneven. Do you guys think this is just due to the fact that this is a one-off vs. the production car? I understand that previous generations had this issue... One would think they would want to nail the exterior fit and finish, given that this car was destined to be splattered all over new and old media.

I dunno if it is just the angle of the pictures, or the greater space between the wheel arches and the wheels, but the test mules really are uninspiring in comparison...

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI for those with Forza 4, the car will be downloadable this Friday (6/22). We'll be able to experiment with colors and stripes in the game.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those pics! The close-ups of the 'go-live' car look great... that said, I'm a little concerned by how the body panels fit together. While I don't expect the test mules to look great, there are some clear places where the panels of the 'go-live' car do not quite align or the spacing is uneven. Do you guys think this is just due to the fact that this is a one-off vs. the production car? I understand that previous generations had this issue... One would think they would want to nail the exterior fit and finish, given that this car was destined to be splattered all over new and old media.

I dunno if it is just the angle of the pictures, or the greater space between the wheel arches and the wheels, but the test mules really are uninspiring in comparison...

I agree. Uninspiring. And they do look tall now that Bigdawg has mentioned it. But it could just be the camera lens. I dont recall getting that tall feeling when I saw it up close and personal at the NY autoshow so I think its just the pics.....Seems though that outrageousness has been lost a little with this new car. Still like it for the most part though and cant wait to see what the ACR will look like.

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Uninspiring. And they do look tall now that Bigdawg has mentioned it. But it could just be the camera lens. I dont recall getting that tall feeling when I saw it up close and personal at the NY autoshow so I think its just the pics.....Seems though that outrageousness has been lost a little with this new car. Still like it for the most part though and cant wait to see what the ACR will look like.

Yah, I think the design effort is a solid one, but after seeing the GTS-R and Austin's renderings, it does leave room for something 'outrageous' as you pointed out... I really wish that the ACR was debuting at the same time. It seems like a lot of people are hoping for more power and a wider body style, but based on my loose understanding of previous history, it seems like the ACR only had minor power bumps and aero tweaks. Can someone confirm/deny? It would **** to wait however many years for the ACR to debut to find that it doesn't up the outrageous factor by an order of magnitude or two...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, I think the design effort is a solid one, but after seeing the GTS-R and Austin's renderings, it does leave room for something 'outrageous' as you pointed out... I really wish that the ACR was debuting at the same time. It seems like a lot of people are hoping for more power and a wider body style, but based on my loose understanding of previous history, it seems like the ACR only had minor power bumps and aero tweaks. Can someone confirm/deny? It would **** to wait however many years for the ACR to debut to find that it doesn't up the outrageous factor by an order of magnitude or two...

The Gen II ACR was just an air filter and smooth tubes that bumped hp and torque by 10 respectively. It also added an adjustable suspension. I dont remember for sure if it had some weight loss but I think it might have. Not much though.

The Gen IV ACR is where the Viper got more serious about racing. Weight loss, aerodynamic aids, suspension etc and the rest is history.

In both iterations Dodge/SRT used the same body of the normal coupe. But just as how they departed from the Gen II ACR formula for the Gen IV ACR, I believe they can depart from using the normal coupe body and use the GTSR-esque body for the Gen V body along with power, and suspension mods...The Gen IV ACR was a monster home run. SRT, a Gen V ACR with GTSR body and the usual supporting mods would be a walk off GRAND SLAM in the bottom of the 9th of a game 7 World Series:2tu: Euphoria would overcome almost all Viper fans.....

We all got spoiled by the Ring King Gen IV ACR's escapades around the world.

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the background info... I really do hope that they hit the monster home run!!! A Gen V ACR with GTS-R body would just be absolutely insane. I'm seriously on the fence now about waiting to see what the next ACR looks like instead of pulling the trigger right away on the GTS as I had originally planned...

I wonder how many are waiting for the ACR vs buying the first year model. Was there a poll for that? I don't recall seeing one... Ah, NVM, found it:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...ng-a-Gen.V-SRT-Coupe-or-a-Gen.-V-GTS-Coupe-or........