New Revolution Lift installed with pics...

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This shows exactly one inch of clearence between where the door shuts down and the depth of the lift with the optioned extended ramps in place. i will most likely keep them on most if not all the time, so it was important not to have to take them on and off everytime I want to open the door and do something with the car. those things are STOUT

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
used the advice from many here and went with Donny from rotary lift for the revolution unit. it is soooooo sweet. the car is not on it yet because the garage guy put me off til next week to raise the door. Decided on bolting to the floor, killer job done too, because a close friend had his pushed, by the front wheels when rolling up on his once. Figure it is only a concern when sat on the racedeck but it is always a good safety feature to have, Hope you enjoy the pics and more to come when I finish my garage mods and get the dodge up on its perch.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice color combination :2tu:

Quote:
i found a local garage installer and he will be out tomorrow to advise the best way to proceed. will post what the end result is after i get home from the office.

What was decided on the garage door and operator mods??
Were the tracks special ordered?
Can you reuse the original operator?
How much to mod the door?

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you get that high enough to fit another car underneath?

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Quote:
i found a local garage installer and he will be out tomorrow to advise the best way to proceed. will post what the end result is after i get home from the office.

I am going to remove the door opener. It doesn't bother me that much because the car isn't out that often really. Only thing that needs to be changed on the current door track setup is that a bigger radius track needs to be installed which will help hug the door higher to the 11 ft ceiling height I have in the garage. I believe I was quoted 500 to do this which is mostly a labor instense job.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inferno, I will be fine once the garage is modded. The ceiling is 11ft high, the lift goes 5'3" up I believe so a regular car should be very snug but fit fine under the viper when it's raised up.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all the other guys that responded. The floor I choose is very similiar to race deck but called another name. it was priced a dime cheaper per sq. ft that the race deck, even including the discount they give and when you need roughly 500 tiles to complete the job, it seems silly going with racedeck to me when this stuff is exactly the same and I saved some money too.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

I am going to remove the door opener. It doesn't bother me that much because the car isn't out that often really. Only thing that needs to be changed on the current door track setup is that a bigger radius track needs to be installed which will help hug the door higher to the 11 ft ceiling height I have in the garage. I believe I was quoted 500 to do this which is mostly a labor instense job.

after reading your original post on this I thought we were ripped off in a BIG way.
However $500 is slightly less than the cost of our setup, without the operator. The door mod took 1 man most of the day. The installer had to find a one day slot in his schedule and that took awhile.

The 11' celing provides room to spare. :2tu:

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inferno, I will be fine once the garage is modded. The ceiling is 11ft high, the lift goes 5'3" up I believe so a regular car should be very snug but fit fine under the viper when it's raised up.

Beauty, nice job.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
King... Nice set up :2tu: . I'm still thinking between Bendpak and Revolution :bonker: . Do you mine if I come over to see it in person so just to finalize my thingy :D . I'm located in Central Jersey not sure how far south you are. Let me know if it possible...

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
King... Nice set up :2tu: . I'm still thinking between Bendpak and Revolution :bonker: . Do you mine if I come over to see it in person so just to finalize my thingy :D . I'm located in Central Jersey not sure how far south you are. Let me know if it possible...
i dont have a problem with that bro. i live in south jersey off exit 4. i am busy this weekend doing some last minute xmas shopping and all but pm me your number and well talk about it.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Glad to see the new model is improved. My old one is still ok, but I'm thinking its about time.

You must be registered for see images

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10 another thing that may help that garage installers don't think of is to move the opener way over to one side. It works great on a single door bt on a double you ave to test it and usually can't go all the way to the side like on a single.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $ 500.00 to have mine raised also. I did notice on my Revolution, if you leave the ramps on & lift them, watch where they contact the lift. Mine slightly bent one of the rods by hanging down on it.

Andy

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid $ 500.00 to have mine raised also. I did notice on my Revolution, if you leave the ramps on & lift them, watch where they contact the lift. Mine slightly bent one of the rods by hanging down on it.

Andy
good advice, i was just worried about banging my noggin on those bad-boys hanging down but that is good to know. thanks guys for all the nice comments too. should have new pics with car raised soon. :2tu:

PurpleGORILLA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a quote of $625 to have mine raise (I have a 11.9" ceiling)..The dude is coming this Sunday to do it. They gonna try to use the operator but most likely not..I will try to coax him into doing it. The problem is finding an arm that extend that low is what he said.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question: with these types of lifts, how do you get the tires off te ramp to change wheels or to do suspension work? do you have to jack it up off the floor and use jack stands on the lift?

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quick question: with these types of lifts, how do you get the tires off te ramp to change wheels or to do suspension work? do you have to jack it up off the floor and use jack stands on the lift?
easy, they sell a tray that fits between the rails to accomodate a jack to do just that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang