New rice mod: wheels graphics (go ahead and laugh if you want!)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In general I really like my silver painted wheels and gas cap. The only thing shiney on my car is the little wheel center caps, radiator, throttle bodies and lug nuts. There is no color - just black, silver and grey.

You must be registered for see images

But I am kind of bored with the car so I am doing some little graphics to jazz it up for when the weather gets nice in the fall. Seems like graphics on wheels and/or wheels with one carbon fiber spoke etc are hot right now (note SRT vehicles have logo on one spoke) so this is what I did (sorry for pic quality - flash blew it out and house was dark):

All the stickers for the wheels cost $58 and that was with slate versions of the GTS and black versions of the Viper in case I freaked out about the orange and wanted to back off to neutral. These will be going over drilled and slotted stock-sized rotors. Nice part is if I get tired of it I can peel the decals off.

I am now planning a windshield banner that has Sneaky Pete's on the ends and the "Viper GTS" logo in the correct proportion in the center. Whole banner will be silver but for the GTS which will be in the orange.

OK rip away! :bonker:

P.S. Best part of my girlfriend moving away is I can bring car parts in the house to escape the heat while I am working on them!

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm... really not my thing but... if I had to do it, I'd make the 'GTS' smaller.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it might look ok if the GTS was removed, and the "viper" was centered on one spoke. might look ok if it just said "dodge" too. too bad you cant get "viper" or "dodge" engraved on one spoke, then paint the lettering orange. that would look trick.

the banner thing sounds ok, but i think you have to be careful. alot of verbage on the car can easily look too busy and overdone.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now show us a pic of what it looks like inverted or spinning. I love the fact you are trying something new and can take it inside without getting nagged but you were smart giving yourself the option of removal if you don’t like it. It will be different than the one you are parked next to at a show and sometimes that is all you need. GOOD JOB! :2tu:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you like the look of the sticker, get them CNC'd into the wheels. it will take a little bit to setup the CNC, but once done it would be HOT. just dont go too deep lol.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might look ok if it just said "dodge" too.
You know the funny thing is that I just plain refuse to acknowledge that the Viper is a Dodge and that the SRT-8 is a Jeep. I am an "accidental" Mopar guy and Dodge and Jeep are just not in my vocabulary. I do not however have any issue with thinking my GTS is superior to an RT/10! OUCH - let the arrows fly! :buttkick:

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One suggestion, hood speakers and cowl would look good silver. Just a thought.
I am going to repaint the underside of the front end once I get the car raised a bit and install the Roe ducting kit. At the same time I am going to have the cowl piece done in silver. Leaving the hood grills black though - silver would just be too rice! :D

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You need these to complete it. I have one set in silver powdercoat ready to ship,

7551DSC_0067-med.JPG

Let's see what those wheels look like on the car!! Kinda hard to tell laying on the garage floor.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need these to complete it. I have one set in silver powdercoat ready to ship,

7551DSC_0067-med.JPG

Let's see what those wheels look like on the car!! Kinda hard to tell laying on the garage floor.

Price?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't it look weird when the wheels are moving at say 10 miles per hour?

If you were going to put that sticker anywhere, I probably would have suggested the gas cap (granted I wouldn't have suggested that either).

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is going to look like every SRT vehicle. They all have a logo on one spoke (for Viper only on wheels with flat spokes).

8614COPPERHEAD_POLISHED_WHEELS.jpg

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is going to look like every SRT vehicle. They all have a logo on one spoke (for Viper only on wheels with flat spokes).

8614COPPERHEAD_POLISHED_WHEELS.jpg

Big difference between an engraved wheel and something like that which really stands out because of the color.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I am an "accidental" Mopar guy and Dodge and Jeep are just not in my vocabulary."

Maybe you can make believe your car is a Nissan...it's starting to look like one. :smirk:

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I am an "accidental" Mopar guy and Dodge and Jeep are just not in my vocabulary."

Maybe you can make believe your car is a Nissan...it's starting to look like one. :smirk:
Yeah Dodges are never rice! :smirk:

919210fu8vs-med.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960