New So Cal Viper Owner

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to forum member KELLY T, I am the proud new owner of a 2002 Graphite W/Silver stripes GTS.

I have been lurking this forum for the past few months and have recieved alot of valuable information that helped in my new purchase.

Thank you forum members!

Barry

P.S. I joined VCA on Tuesday of this week and look forward to participating in the So Cal club events.

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry,

Congrats on the new ride! The SoCal Viper club is great.

You dont by chance work near Ada & Mauchly? Some of the guys I work with said they saw a Graphite w/Silver strips today parked near my office.

In any case, feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions

Take care,

Ken Melgoza

PS Dont forget the break-in procedures

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS AND WECOME!!
The first 1000 miles are slow and then tie your shoe laces tight!
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
B

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gozer, Yes that was me!

The car has 3,000 miles on it, so I missed the break-in process.

ACR Larry, I was on the phone with D.J. when he was finishing up on your car, so I met him at the Gas station that sells race gas.
All I can say is WOW. You have to give me a ride in that beast!

Kelly, THANKS AGAIN, a real treat and a great experience, buying a car from you.

Barry

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anytime Barry. My office is over near Von Karman and Michelson. Maybe we could hook up for lunch or drinks. Welcome aboard. You will love the Viper.

gozer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry,

Stop by my office if you get a chance, I'd love to see the car. Im at 27 Mauchly, Ste 209 the company name is Engineering Resources.

Take care,

Ken Melgoza

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the So Cal VCA!

If you do track events, make sure you prepare the car first. Feel free to IM me if you need any pointers on preparing your car.

Have fun, and keep it between the curbs!

-Vic

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry-It was nice to meet you at Willow Springs this weekend. You have an awesome ride. NOW GET THAT THING OUT ON THE TRACK WITH US!
smile.gif

-JOnathan

Killer Bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry,

See you around. I will be the guy in yellow one trying to race you. My office is near John Wayne. Seems there are lots of us in the area, maybe we should get together for lunch. What is that ACR Larry guy doing to his car??? Sounds like I might have bolt some more crap on......

Lance

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By chance you guys are located nearly side by side on the same roads and both own Vipers without previously knowing each other. Man, too many Vipers around these days!
smile.gif

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Killer Bee:
Barry,

See you around. I will be the guy in yellow one trying to race you.
Lance

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes three bumblebees in the area: Yours, mine and Ed's in Laguna Niguel- we almost have enough to make a hive now! I nominate Peta Wilson as our Queen Bee(she's the hot blonde from LaFemme Nikita)
yesnod.gif

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, It's time to bolt on a Roe supercharger! DJ is an expert now.

Hey all you Orange County Guys, why don't we meet for lunch next Friday? Somewhere around John Wayne.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to ruin the exclusivity but my 2001 yellow Rt/10 arrives Tuesday morning courtesy of Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse...

Hopefully the only yellow one in the Valley.. lol

Big thanks to VCA member Rick Matassa for his patience!

Jerry

OP
OP
B

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday in Newport for lunch, sounds good to me. Name the place.

Lance, I met you at D.J.'s shop in Irvine last month. At the time, I was still looking for a car.

Barry

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, where are your priorities? Forget lunch next Friday, you need to be at Buttonwillow with Joe, John, Ken, Craig, Ron, and myself teaching the ricers what American HP is all about! All Ricers to the back of the tech line!
See you bright and early at 8 AM
smile.gif

-Jonathan

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Larry:
Lance, It's time to bolt on a Roe supercharger! DJ is an expert now.

Hey all you Orange County Guys, why don't we meet for lunch next Friday? Somewhere around John Wayne.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's also the Cheesecake Factory, and a new place called the Fish Market, in the Irvine Spectrum. I'm not usually a big fan of fish, but their skewered sampler was so-ooooooo good.

I gotta work! Enjoy. See y'all sometime.

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REDSLED:
Lance, where are your priorities? Forget lunch next Friday, you need to be at Buttonwillow with Joe, John, Ken, Craig, Ron, and myself teaching the ricers what American HP is all about! All Ricers to the back of the tech line!
See you bright and early at 8 AM
smile.gif

-Jonathan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhhh... I'll be there, but not with my American iron
smile.gif

Jonathan, are you staying for Saturday and Sunday with Tracquest?

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:

There's also the Cheesecake Factory, and a new place called the Fish Market, in the Irvine Spectrum. I'm not usually a big fan of fish, but their skewered sampler was so-ooooooo good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes yes yes... go the The Cheesecake Factory and support my habit of spending money on sports cars and track fees
supergrin.gif

I was supposed to work on the Fish Market but too busy at the time
frown.gif

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Killer Bee:
Count me in!
Houston's
Maggiano's
Il forino

?????
any other ideas?

Lance

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not going to Buttonwillow on the 15th??? What gives? Girlfriend got you by the balls
wink.gif

BTW I got garage #2 if you want to show up with your handy shop vac
supergrin.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kelly T:
HEY!!! WHAT THE.....!?!? DID MY WIFE SELL YOU MY CAR?!?!

Just jivin' ya. Congrats Barry. As a final farewell, let me be the first to unveil your new car for you by showing my "old" (past tense) avatar in the upper left corner. Hope you get many miles of enjoyment. I'll see ya on the road some day when my new 911 Turbo arrives in January.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kelly,

Is that the car that you told us you were selling a few weeks ago and then got all those videos burning 3 sets of rear wheels off it and driving at redline for like 3 weeks straight to see if it would blow up?

laugh.gif

Johnbennett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to join you guys for lunch. I live in Anaheim Hills and have an office there, but I visit my accounts in Irvine often. Contact me at 714-637-4769 if/when... But I hope it is on a sunny day as my top stays off most of the time.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, are you bring the Viper, the ***** mobile or the side of rice? I guess the Killer Bee has been stung himself. See you on Friday.
-Jonathan

Josiah Gross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He guys,

My Name is Josiah and I'm working on buying a viper. I've been lurking on this board and would love to see you guys in action at Buttonwillow on the 15th. My friends are all busy but I have some time on my hands as there both broken. If I could talk one of my friends into giving me a ride to Orange County or if any one is going from San Diego let me know!!! From reading all the posts ya'll seem like a great group of guys and I'd love to hang out. I'll even buy lunch/ or a tank of gas. Happy Vipering!

Josiah Gross
Future owner of a 2001 Blue or Yellow RT/10.

Ps you can call me at 619-226-6659 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Killer Bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all my little track girlfriends.....

Not ready to bring the Queen Bee out of retirement yet..., but count on getting all of your butt's spanked when i return! Still in secret training and development. "SSpent Racer" & "Slow Cal" are first on the list. To the rest of you - practice pointing out the window.

Friday will work for lunch - someone pick a place. Maggiano's is good with lots of room to park. Craig did not design the kitchen so we might not get sick. BTW, She did have me by the balls this weekend, but her girlfriend had me by the ears. Architects might have to call Ron to understand.

Lance

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uggghhhh... I am out for Friday. Looks like the Viper will be in the shop.

Killer Bee, You must be one fast bugger to call out SSpeed and Rebel on those terms.