New SRT owner here in Iowa-couple 'o Q's

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good evening everyone! I'm a new (to me!) owner of an '04 SRT and I love it! I picked it up last week and have been learning the in's and out's of it over the last few days. I'm sending in my dues for the VCA tomorrow, and can't wait to get involved in some of the events! My '04 is bone stock, and I would like to do the exhaust and rotors to start off with. I did a breif search, and came up with nothing specific for the midwest, and for the Viper, so here goes:

1.) Who is a reputable mechanic or dealer that would be willing to do the Bellanger exhaust and drilled/slotted discs, and

2.) Will this void the warranty for all parts not related to the discs and exhaust?

I know we have both Roanoke and Woodhouse within a few hrs. drive of me, and I would be more than happy to go to either if they do mods, but I would just like to get a little input from the seasoned vets here before I commited.

Thanks again-I'm excited to finally be here!

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club!! I would give Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse a call 800-889-1893. He can get you the parts and install them for you. They have a great reputation! Good choice on the Belangers. I have Belanger headers and cat delete exhaust and love the sound...Good luck and post some pic when you get a chance.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the car!!

1. Be VERY careful with the runflats, they make ice skating look like rock climbing they are so slippery

2. Take your time when shifting and use the "thumb-down" method for the 3-4shift.

Enjoy the new ride!!

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
Don't know what part of Iowa you are from but we have an upcoming regional event in Springfield, MO at the end of September for members. Right now there are about 35 cars coming in from all over. It will be a good time and the information is on the Kansas City forum section a bit down the main page. Might be fun before the snow flies in Iowa.

This thread is two pages of critiques of dealerships. Well worth reading.
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603158&highlight=dealerships

Congrats on your new Viper!:2tu:
Venomiss

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Where in Iowa are you located? I'm over in the quad cities with about a dozen or so other Viper owners. Cant comment on a dealer as I do all of my own work.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the your new baby. Best to listen to a car with those headers before you buy. For some way loud others enjoy but take my advice on this one. If your looking for a nice sound Corsa with stock cats are nice. I tried the high flow cats couldn't hear the radio or the wife or anyone else talk in the car.

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! thanks for all of the kind responses! I'll give Woodhouse a call this week and see what it takes to get my wish list done!

I live just west of Des Moines in a little town called Adel-about 3500 people. I drove it back from a Dodge dealer south of Chicago and pulled into town about 8pm and you'd have thought a UFO landed! I farm, and by the next morning it was the talk of the coffee crowd at the local coop. Overheard one of the regulars asking if anyone had seen that "race car" that pulled through town last night:D

Picked my oldest son (5) up from school yesterday in it, and I thought the busses parked by the front door were going to roll over-every kid inside went to the one side to get a look!

I love the car-but coming from a 911 this thing definitely will take some getting used to! the 911 was pretty low profile and didn't get too much attention! I love the raw power and simplicity of the car-to be honest I hadn't even really considered them too much until I got a ride in a local guy's copperhead, and that was all it took! I'd like to upgrade the brakes a little for track days at mid-America, and the exhaust to get rid of some of the cabin heat and get a little throatier sound and a little better throttle response. I'd like to keep it fairly stock other than that as I want to be able to drive it without worrying about reliability.

Thanks again-I'm excited to be here!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are a track guy, as Mark and I are both Instructors over at MAM and we likely have well over 10,000 miles of track time over there between us, and you can sure lean on us for any track advice.

Enjoy da Beast!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt bother with any upgrades to the brakes, especially rotors, since they are tough to improve upon. Spend that money elsewhere.

I came from a 911 also. Night and day. Enjoy.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would agree the brakes are phenomenal, but there are some areas of improvement, though minor, yet I would still definitely opt for a set of braided lines if you do a reasonable amount of track events. Go for a Comp Coupe oil pan , or if they become available soon, the 2008 upgraded pan --- must have in my estimation , for track rats.:headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do!
I definitely want to go with the exhaust as it is a cooker in the car! The wife ran it for a stretch on the way home and asked if the seat warmers were on! I would also like to do drilled rotors and SS brake lines-had the brakes disappear on the old 911 I had on a fast dogleg in Chicago many moons ago and promised myself if I lived through it I would NEVER skimp on the binders again!

Bill, I will DEFINITELY be taking you up on instruction for the track events! I used to run my 911's many moons ago before I got married and had kids-The Viper is a completely different animal (pardon the pun!) than the 911, and the track days I had were few and far between anyway. I'm definitely not too big a man to admit this thing scares me at this point. I would like to get the car sorted out and the upgrades done and then see what it can do on a closed course!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome Bullsnake!:2tu:
You can't go wrong with Mark @ Woodhouse!:cool:
Now as for Bill, wait tell ya meet him, he will have you in stitches!!:D

Y2KACR

VCA Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I live in Iowa City. I attended Viper Days at Mid-America a week ago and it was a great experience. I'd highly recommend attending one of their events in order to learn what your Viper is capable of doing on track. I look forward to meeting you an an event soon.

OP
OP
B

Bullsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I just got off the phone with Mark...

Gonna drop off the Viper this Friday for Eurotech two piece slotted rotors, SS break lines, remapped ECU, reworked shift lever, lightened flywheel, Corsa exhaust system, seat lowering kit, new oilpan and pickup line, and possibly a few other goodies! I can't wait to get it back, and it hasn't even left my garage yet!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang