new tire help

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally saved up enough cash for new tires I'm going to get the michillien ps2's can anyone tell me the correct size or give any insight to which tires are the best or if my selection is good I have a 2003 srt 10 stock wheels. Thanks

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you already know which tires you're going to get, why you ask which are best?
If you don't know which size to get, how you know you have enough cash?

Yes, the michillien ps2's is a good selection :D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info and uvbnbit you have a point I asked because i chose those but i wasn't sure which to get do you all think the ps2 or the pss are better. I heard that pss will not last as long as the ps2's. i will be driving a lot on roads just around town maybe drag strip once a year do a few runs with friends nothing serious.

Reaction score
There are several threads on these tires with the bottom line coming down to how you will use them. First off, ditch the runflats as SRT did on the later SRT10's. Buy the inflation kit that shipped with all new Vipers after 2006 and run non-runflat tires. Better ride, better handling, and better on your wallet. Once you make that decision, there are a few good choices out there. For the longest lasting, the Super Sport is reputed to be the best tire available for the Viper for treadwear - and better than the PS2. The fact that it handles extremely well in both wet and dry conditions is another definite plus. As Steve pointed out, shop around and make sure you consider shipping costs, etc. They are still available for under $1500 delivered if you look around.

Another good tire for general Viper driving is the Nitto Invo. Many people here swear by them and they are easier on the wallet than the Michelins. The downside is that they won't last as long as the Super Sports, and that they are not as good for road courses due to the softer sidewalls. Great for just about everything else, including the drag strip. So if you lose 20% of the tread life over the Michelins but save 25% of the cost, then it might be worth looking at them. Again, shop around to see where you can find the best deals.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nitto Invos are great on the street / highway. smooth and quiet, no tracking in the ruts. -hard cornering on a roadcourse, not so great. ......don't ask how I know.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For purely aggressive driving the Pilot SPort PS2 C1 is the best option

The Pilot Super Sport will last significantly longer and still offers plenty of performance

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nitto Invos are great on the street / highway. smooth and quiet, no tracking in the ruts. -hard cornering on a roadcourse, not so great. ......don't ask how I know.

I guess I haven't been cornering hard enough but no trouble so far and it was really hot at Road Atlanta. But I probably won't push it hard enough to find out what you don't want us to ask - I hope.

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the help I think in going to order the michelin super sports and run those there in my budget and seem to be a good tire.

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the michelin super sports from luke @ tire rack along with the new tire sensors. He was very helpful and I think im going to enjoy my new tires. Thanks for all the info and help everyone. Drive Safe!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Check your local dealers for the cost to program the new sensors to your Viper's module. If you have trouble finding a location near you, I could meet you on I-65...say Columbus, IN...and do it for you with a DRB III. That would be a 68 mile drive North from the Ohio River for you.

Good decision on those tires!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Steve - Indy should get the Viper Medal of Honor for all the trips , efforts, help he give Viper owners , especially in his area. Good thing for all his friends that he is a Viperholic and willing to help at a moments notice! Take him up on his offer , so you can meet Steve and your sensors will definitely be coded in correctly.

OP
OP
willworkforvipers

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
super sports

Finally got my tires and sensors in car rides smooth as a baby butts and puts the power to the ground it makes the car feel like new. I suggest if you don't have new rubber to get it and either pilot sport 2s or super sports. Thanks for all the help from everyone