New Tires

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the Run Flats are no longer available, I will either get the Invos or Michelin SS when I replace mine eventually.

You may soon be bombarded with posts insisting that you search or that get into the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Crest vs Colgate arguments, however - good luck and thanks for posting!!

You coming to VOI?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As was previously mentioned, there are several past threads on this very subject. The general consensus on the Invos is, for the money, they are a great street tire. The argument is track performance where some claim they are a tad bit "loose" in comparison to the Michelins due to a slightly softer sidewall.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the Michellin super sport much better than thew nitto and not that much more . the VPA has them on sale with free shipping and tax.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent tire for road trips/street driving. Good hook up on acceleration. Lower cost, somewhat longer lasting than other tires,cool tread design. Absolutely terrible on a road course! -don't ask how I know.

VNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitto NT05 !
Liked them more than the invos !

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My challenge is finding tires in GenII sizes!

PS2's are about it! Right now I have Toyo R888's.

greggmgm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going throught the same thing i think i will go with nt05 on the back and see how that goes

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
greggmgm,

Don't mix and match tires , even within the same brand. Use the same models all the way around. You can do a search on this , but you will find tons of advice on why it is not smart to mismatch rubber ( different compounds, different adhesion , different wet weather attributes, etc). Basically with the Viper and the speeds capable it is just not a smart decision. Nuff , said, though tons of folks will chime in. Very unlikely you will ever chat with someone who tracks their cars ( road courses ) that will suggest using different brands or different tires even within the same brand. Good luck

Invos -- good for the price and street.
Michelin SSs -- superb new tire for not much more that is appearing to be the tire to beat in all the new performance tire testing.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent tire for road trips/street driving. Good hook up on acceleration. Lower cost, somewhat longer lasting than other tires,cool tread design. Absolutely terrible on a road course! -don't ask how I know.
+1.
I'll be getting the Michellins next.