New to me '96 and 1000 mi road trip

Nathansvt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to become a Viper owner in 1999. It's just taken me 20 years to get there!

full

Fate smiled on me and I found "the one" online, being sold by an owner in Denver that bought it new in '96 as a dealer car. it was classified as unsold dealer stock and driven but never titled until 2009 when the dealership closed. It was then held under another dealership name in his private collection until I bought it as the first individual owner now in 2018.

I flew into Denver Saturday with a friend, picked it up, and immediately drove it 1000 miles home to Austin, Texas. The seller had maintained it immaculately and despite being older than my kids, it was a flawless drive home. And only one "curiosity stop" by the cops on the way!

Arrived in time to catch the F1 race the next day at COTA. Not a bad weekend at all.

full

Nathan

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I decided to become a Viper owner in 1999. It's just taken me 20 years to get there!

full

Fate smiled on me and I found "the one" online, being sold by an owner in Denver that bought it new in '96 as a dealer car. it was classified as unsold dealer stock and driven but never titled until 2009 when the dealership closed. It was then held under another dealership name in his private collection until I bought it as the first individual owner now in 2018.

I flew into Denver Saturday with a friend, picked it up, and immediately drove it 1000 miles home to Austin, Texas. The seller had maintained it immaculately and despite being older than my kids, it was a flawless drive home. And only one "curiosity stop" by the cops on the way!

Arrived in time to catch the F1 race the next day at COTA. Not a bad weekend at all.

full

Nathan

That is so cool. How many miles did it have when you bought it. Dont tell me you put more miles on it on the drive home then it had on the odometer when you bought it. :bigsmile:

I'd like to see more pics if you haven't posted anymore yet to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4