New Top from Autoform

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely surprised, was not expecting to see a top like that on a Viper. Looks fantastic; kudos to Autoform.

ohiotj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh Jesus you got me breathing all heavy looking at that. Makes the car look different and somehow more bad ace.

OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, all new windows. They are shaped like the windows on the gts and have a sliding slot for tolls, or parking garages ect. You can keep the windows on while the top is removed as well, or have the top on without the windows. I keep the windows on all the time though.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No doubt in anyone's mind that this top and windows are fantastic. I've checked back numerous times to see a price or at least an estimated total cost and there is nothing. Doesn't anyone know a ball park figure to post? The cost is most likely going to be upwards of $4500 bucks IMO. Stop teasing us and cough up a price! :nono:

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! thanks for all of the interest in this top. I originally made that top for the Club Race cars that we made back in the late 90s early 2000s. Our plan (myself, Skip Thomas and Roy Sjoberg) was to build the club race cars to compete in the VRL (which we did make 10 cars) we hoped these cars would level the competition in the growing race group that we where heavily involved in. I went to head of Viper at the time with the proposal...it was given the green light by the then president of Dodge. The plan was to get a running Viper, less the body work as a part number thru Mopar...Autoform was to do the roll cage, install the fuel cell and put our lightweight race body on it. I was going to offer the Hardtop, Wing and Fascia as bolt on street car parts as well. Long story short...we have the Competition Coupe. I never really pursued building these tops for the street..(a bit soured on the whole deal...but I did use the back part of it for the SRT Hardtop we offer) until ILLKing approached me to do one for him. Turns out...it really does still look good! I can do these tops for $3995.00 this includes the top and windows. There is a lot more hand work in these tops as I really don't have production style jigs to put them together.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So that's the end result? I am damn impressed. Glad it worked out.
Hey John..
actually this is totally different iteration with only an indirect correlation to what your thinking... the top on rt-10 hardtop market thread is a direct descendant of "that" GTS roof.
AF still has a couple tricks left in the ol' RT-10 bag as well... I think we will have to conglomerate all the new AF info into one "official" AF RT thread in the near future.. the different top options ... spoilers.. splitters... etc.. I'll get on that soon.
J.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John..
actually this is totally different iteration with only an indirect correlation to what your thinking... the top on rt-10 hardtop market thread is a direct descendant of "that" GTS roof.
AF still has a couple tricks left in the ol' RT-10 bag as well... I think we will have to conglomerate all the new AF info into one "official" AF RT thread in the near future.. the different top options ... spoilers.. splitters... etc.. I'll get on that soon.
J.

Ahh gotcha. Was wondering why the name was different. Autoform has been busy!

OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive been driving the car pretty much everyday since the top has been installed :headbang: it will not damage the quarter panels, so no worries. There is a layer of scratch resistant and protective foam under the top where it wraps around the sports cap. Drove it in the downpour we had in MD on saturday and no leaks still so if you drive in the rain no towels needed. My other autoform top did not leak either so its a good deal all around! If anyone wants any more pics, I will take some more. Still have to get some with the door open.

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for photos. Outstanding looking top.

Question: When you say: "Two mounting points behind the window on the exterior", does that mean drilling the body or can it be removed without modifying the car?

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The drilling is underhood for two latches that stay underhood and out of sight. But when you take the top off you dont see any latches or fasteners at all.

OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the messy car, Daily drove it for 2 and a half weeks:D But never got around to washing it while she was parked

Last edited:

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is there one being made for the Gen II?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper