New Unusual Headlamp Issue

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a new issue. Anyone else had this:

When I start the car (or just by turning on the ignition) the right front high beam light comes on. It sometimes flashes and other times stays on for a while. After taking a drive it goes off and stays off. It may have been doing this for some time without my noticing it. I do not drive at night very often, and when I do I begin the drive well before dark. I also park in the garage facing out so I do not see the light show in the garage. That is until last Sunday.

On Sunday I returned home after a 2 week vacation in Minnesota. I had trailered the car there. When I off loaded it (after dark) the headlights were playing games. They were a blinking and a flashing to the beat of an unheard of drummer. When I restarted it they were back to normal. Then on Saturday I had to leave very early in the morning for a cruise I noticed the right high beam light on. Tried the restart routine to no effect. I drove 10 miles and got gas at which point the light was off. Then again today I tried it and the same thing.

There are times when I do wish for good old mechanical things. This is one of them. Did Lucas supply the electrical system???

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a recall on the 2003's for headlamps coming on and off. I have done a couple of flashes on the body controllers for this on 03's. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember the flickering issue. What I do not recall is if I got that done or not (I thought so). But these effects seem different (lights coming on with the light switch off).

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the complaint I have had. It may be another issue, probably multifunction switch or bcm.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately that just proves I already did the recall.