New Viper owner - former C6 owner

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Z51 has a stiffer suspension, and not in a good way. The Viper is much different in how it translates the bumps. The z51 gets confused real quick over a lot of bumps and turns them all into smashing jarring bumps. The Viper tends to translate them all accurately so you get more bounce, but not so jarring.

On the lane change, this thing will go across 4 lanes of highway in a flash, as quick any Ferrari I've driven, almost. And that sort of is wild considering the Viper is front engine and there's that massive front end on it. It feels lighter than the Corvette changing lanes at any speed.

Try it out next time, find 3-4 lanes somewhere and turn hard to cut across all of them as fast as you can and you'll crap your pants. Makes the C6 feel like a truck. I still have my C6 as my driver, so I get to make comparisons all the time.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDude, I would have to agree on the steering. The Viper is definitely more responsive to any sort of movement of the steering wheel. Definitely the quickest steering response of any vehicle I've owned. I can see how non-car enthusiasts might be frightened by that, lol.

I made several laps at Road Atlanta in the C6, even humiliated a few stock C6 Z06's that day. While the Z51 isn't as pricey, I wouldn't underestimate the suspension setup on that car. It worked great for that racetrack, I was pleasantly surprised!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball,
I am sorry for the problems that you encountered in the "ghetto". But I for one, found your frequent references to ghetto teens somewhat offensive, and discriminatory. There are, unfortunately, jerks everyone and not just confined to what you refer to as the ghetto. :nono: The sooner people recognize and accept this the better off we will all be as a society.
In the meantime, welcome to Viper ownership and the VCA.
PAvenom RT/10

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that my references were offensive to you. If I posted the actual details (more than a couple of them) you would be surprised I didn't say worse things that might offend you tenfold ;)

I'm actually very laid back and hard to piss off. My message above was the most polite way of describing my weekend events in Memphis.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nine Ball, welcome to the club and a very nice car indeed. As a Houston area Viper owner also, I highly recommend attending events with the Houston Viper Club. The Pres does a great job with events and its a lot of fun. Memphis is not the only place though with ghetto teens as you will find your fill of them here too. See you soon I hope.:drive:

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and beautiful car! It is always amazing to see what a person who knows how to take pictures can do with a camera. Hopefully you will take a few pics of my car if you ever come up to any of the events up around Dallas. Once again, welcome and beautiful car.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some spare time today to snap some pics of the Viper, enjoy.

You must be registered for see images

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics, but why did they paint "roanoke" in your engine bay? I would have made them remove that for sure. Your V1 mount is also nice. I need to do that one day with mine.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought it used, it already had the Roanoke decal on it. It will come off tomorrow, there was also another one on the right side that had three guy's names and a phone number lol. Not so nice looking ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice pics...you've got a GREAT blue/white there!!! Now you are a Viper Owner...need to change that avatar...and then "VCA Member"!!!! yessssss! ~juli