Newbie question on a Battery Tender hookup

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I figured hooking my new Battery Tender up under the hood of my 94 would be simple. There is a clearly marked positive terminal but I am in doubt of where I should hook up my negative wire. Find a ground on the block. The frame? How would one of these hookups even keep the battery charged. Doesn't make sense unless under the hood is only for jumping if you need to. Where do you guys hook up under the hood. I really don't want to mess with taking the back wheel off and hooking up to the battery but if that's my only option then I'll tackle it this weekend.
Thanks. Obviously I'm not an electrical genious. :dunno:

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty simple. Positive to positive and negative to the bolt down under the washer fluid bottle.

TRICKLE.JPG

OP
OP
V

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you Gentlemen! I must have had a brainfart. I will look for the negative under the washer bottle. A Gen 1 is a little different than the pic of the Gen 2. I will find the bolt under the washer fluid bottle! :headbang:

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Battery Tender that I bought at a BMW dealer had a cigarette lighter adapter that made the connection "almost" a cinch. This tender was branded specificly for BMW but manufactured by the Battery Tender maker. I had a 2004 Viper. At first I couldn't get it to charge through the cigarette lighter. I then discovered a cigarette lighter adapter receptacle in the console box that was live all the time and that worked fine. I don't know if your Viper has a cigarette lighter that accepts this adapter but it does make it more convenient to connect it this way.

Battery Tenders come with various plug-on adapters for different connections. The cigarette lighter connector may be available by contacting the manufacturer. The receptacle it plugs into has to be "live" all the time for this to work. I'm not too electrical--so before anyone fries their wiring trying this, check with Battery Tender Co. or your local electrical Einstein.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang