Newly released SRT-10 Billet Gas Cap

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the SnakeOyl web site this afternoon and they have a new billet gas cap for the SRT-10 'vert. It's offered in polished or chrome. The best part is that it is $199 ($219) for chrome. Sure beats $495 from Autofrom and MGW does not have one yet. Anybody seen one and know what the fit and finish is like?

OP
OP
V

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike I love your new commerative eddition! Lets see some pics!

:( I know maybe now I'll learn how to post pics.

SRTRICKY. I'd say it looks better than the existing painted cap but it's a far cry from the caps that MGW made for the GTS. My Sapphire Blue MGW gas cap was absolutely gorgeous. It looks like a copy of the SRT Coupe gas cap.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice piece as it is a clean looking piece. I still like the cobra daytona caps better though. Remember this is heaver than stock and adds weight making your car slower. Less weight equals free horsepower.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weight 5.00 lbs. :crazy: For a cap? Holy crap!

Looks good thoow.

OP
OP
V

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one today after talking with the guys at ZAF (zero altitude flight) and they like it much better than the Autoform one. Both caps are quality construction and they are sending me some pics of a red hand engraved fangs logo on the Snake-Oyl cap. They have also done a few with the logo applied instead of engraved and they sell these caps so if you know you want extra work done, you don't have to ship it back to them. I wanted to see it first before I decide. I think the engraving is $185.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kinda stands out like a sore thumb IMO

come to think of it where the hell did that saying come from how does a sore thumb stand out?????????????

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad considering I paid 450.00 for the autoform one. But at the time it was the only show in town. I did see the Coupe cap at the auto show and appears to be well made.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered a lockable chrome gas cap 4 weeks ago and can't wait for it to arrive. I paid $248 with shipping and will post some pictures after I get it installed.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was at the local Dodge dealer about a month ago, I received the p/n and tech. sheet on installation of the 2006 coupe's gas cap. We are pretty sure it will fit my 2005, though I am waiting to see it first before I commit. I've been calling once a week since then to check status of the order. They told me they have no date yet on delivery, and will return it if it doesn't work. Very pricey. I plan on painting or powdercoating it black for my black SRT-10. Hope it will look ok, pretty expensive experiment.