Next From Motor Trend... Greatest Drag Race

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what MT already has for these cars, I am curious if they will use the same times for this video or use new times.

GTR 11.0 @ 125.1
SLS 11.1 @ 129.8
R8+ 11.3 @ 125.8
SRT 11.5 @ 128.7
Bentley [email protected]
Aston 12.3 @116.2

C&D
M6 12.2 @124

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver of the Nissan GT-R can eat a Hamburger and drink a soda while drag racing and still win.....

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTR will eat them up.The Gen 5 should be second, if they don,t bog it...

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the soda drinking, burger eating GT-R driver runs into the SLS or SRT on the street and they run any further than 1320 feet from a dead stop he will be looking at tail lights. Not every race is over after 1320 feet.

Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Porsche guy by any means, I hate the things, but anyone else surprised that MT isn't using a Turbo S? Are they not available yet?

--RS

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the soda drinking, burger eating GT-R driver runs into the SLS or SRT on the street and they run any further than 1320 feet from a dead stop he will be looking at tail lights. Not ever race is over after 1320 feet.

Yes, you are correct. I suggest that the GT-R driver stick to a grilled chicken sandwich. Dripping grease coming off hamburger meat may get on the steering wheel, which may cause hand slippage and in turn cause an accident....

Next time I will be more careful when I post.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the whoopen on GTRs all the time with my 911 Turbo S,but for price, the GTRs are so Bad Ass...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 1/4 mile game its hard to pick anything over the GTR with its AWD and DCT not even the Audi. Killer 60' times that will give it the ET victory even against cars with better top end acceleration like the SLS and Viper. Ill say the GTR will win the drag with the SLS coming in second. I doubt they will get the SRT to low 11's to have a chance at the title.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the soda drinking, burger eating GT-R driver runs into the SLS or SRT on the street and they run any further than 1320 feet from a dead stop he will be looking at tail lights. Not every race is over after 1320 feet.

Shhhhhh......Vin Diesel could be reading that as well as every 16 year old posting about doom on this web site!!!

In all seriousness your right. Would love to at least see 1/2 mile.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened that the last thread got closed and hidden from view???

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty crazy how the Mercedes wagon was right there! and that Black series is certainly a monster. Lack of traction is certainly the Vipers problem, either way the GTR is going to rule the streets every time. Even with drag radials, you never know.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, it's hard to beat the "Nissan GT-R" and the 4 wheel drive.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we are to assume all these drivers are familiar with the car they are in and know how to launch it at a drag strip?
Seems like way too many variables to be legit.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least the engine did not blow up on the Viper and it ended 4th.... not bad at all !!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The times posted in "the greatest drag race" are the same times MT used when they compared the vehicles in other articles, some months ago. This race was decided earlier this spring.

May 22nd GTR & R8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEZL3hWk5o

July 1st Cayman (you can even see the SRT and SLS in the background of this video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRbD1Q9YLs

July 3rd SRT & SLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62cQBkQnIY

July 31st Bentley & Aston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLR6f7V3FcA

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty fair race I'd say. All the times are within the usual numbers we've been seeing with these cars. I love how unique the viper always sounds.

Edit: Just saw previous post. Interesting.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And we are to assume all these drivers are familiar with the car they are in and know how to launch it at a drag strip?
Seems like way too many variables to be legit.

Very sexist... They had the cute blonde driving the station wagon.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see what these cars would do in the half mile. One thing is for sure, the SLS motor is under rated when you look at the mph at the end of the 1/4 mile. That is a very strong motor.

The Vipers speed was pretty good through the traps, putting down decent hp.

Cheers,
George