Nito Tire Fill for Viper

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new 2008 Viper Coupe with the Pilot PS2 tires.I am thinking about having Nito put in the tires.I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.

1.Will taking the air out of the tires and replacing it with nitro cause a problem with the air pressure system/sen. on the 2008 ?

2.If the low pressure light goes on when the pressure is low,does it go off when the pressure is correct ?

3.Does replacing the air with nitro really do anything ?

I had it done on my C6Z06 and did not have ay problems.
Thanks for some input.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had nitrogen put in my tires on a GTS-ACR and also in my wife's 07 camry which has pressure sensors. I've had no problems with this and even excluding any other benefits nitrogen use may or may not have, I thought it would be better for the sensors and rims, and insides of the tires by almost if not totally eliminateing moisture inside the tires.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The benefits are suppose to be

1. The moisture issue already mentioned
2. Less air loss due to climate changes, keeping your tires are the optimal pressure.

Reaction score
We have been doing lots of nitrogen in the new cars and service cars for the reasons above. The main reason it works better at maintaining pressure is the molecules are larger than air and do not leak through the rubber, this helps with storage issues also such as flat spotting tires. The Nitrogen also is more stable in varying temperatures keeping the TPS sensors happy.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure that there is much benefit in pressure as compared to regular air... See the link below for detail on testing.

"Our start pressure was 80 PSI @ -20ºF and over the 154ºF temperature increase we saw the gas pressures all increase virtually the same amount to within 2 PSI of each other. In the end, the N2 and "air" test samples topped at 108 PSI while the CO2 sample topped out at 110 PSI. What does this mean? No matter which of these gases is in your RV tires, your handling, performance and tire wear will be the same. "

See this link for details.

POWERTANK - CO2 Air Systems

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Nader. It never made any sense to me to use nitrogen in my tires, because of the high concentration of it in the air we breath. 20- 50 dollars for nitrogen filled tires can be put towards getting new ones.

OP
OP
F

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done,went to the Chevrolet dealer were I have my C6Z06 serviced,they are a big dealer and they work on alot of high performance cars.They have a nitrogen machine that takes the air out of the tires and puts in the nitrogen like three time to get all the air out.It does all four tires at the same time.They liked my 2008 Viper so much,the service manager said the nitrogen fill was free.Very Cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte