nitrous and spark plugs

KC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen several posts on the best plug to run with nitrous. any new info on the best plugs for this?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how big of a shot you are running as well. Up to a 150 shot, 1 step colder. Up to 300, 2 steps colder. That is what I was told. I run 1 step colder that stock plugs and have not had any problems.

Reaction score
Both, spark plug "temperature range" and "tip projection" are important when selecting your plugs. Lower temperature range plugs lower the EGT's (exhaust gas temperatures). Less projected plugs are less likely to cause detonation due to the projection of the plug tip not overextending itself in the combustion chamber causing the tip to glow and pre-igniting the air / fuel mixture.

Hope this helps ...

Doug

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another item to think about is the fact that BTR has sucessfully run the oem plugs on a 300 shot. He was the first and still one of the few nitrous-only cars in the nines. If you look at the plug, you wouldn't think it would work.

OP
OP
K

KC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 1997 gts blue with white stripes
[******] venom 500 and then some. k&n filters, 3" stainless steal exhaust [******] 1.75 S.S. headers with 5 to 1 merge collector,3.45 rear end, Aluminum fly wheel, 70 mm throttle bodies and matching honed out intake manifold, 3" smooth tubes, triple pass radiator, T&D rockers, short-throw shifter, recalibrated computer. aftermarket rims, 300 shot "FRED" computer controled nitrous express system.
"Blown hose last dyno will update soon"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960