Nitrous nuts step on in.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used the bottle on cars in the past (10yrs ago) and my last car I used something call Jacobs Mastermind. I have seen other controller systems and they seem to be way more advanced to the point my head spins. Im wondering what your using and how easy to use is it? Id love to have some type of touch screen to replace the sub par radio.

My plans are to plumb a direct injection system with HPA pushing two bottles. What I am hoping for is RPM window switches, TPS switch, RPM cut off, pressure cut offs for the fuel & bottle and I need a little insight on the A/F and what these different system can do with that info.

1. What do you have and how easy is it to use?
2. If you had to do again would you be using the same controller?
3. Do they have a system that takes your bad a/f or exhaust temp reading and warns you along with disarming the system?

Pre thanks!

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Ny-trex NOS system in my new 2000 ACR. That's added to the Paxton supercharger and Ny-trex intercooler chiller system. 802rwhp

Toggle switch, pressure controlled bottle heater. Split second (Paxton)controls timing. Throttle switches also keep Nitrous off until WOT. System was installed and designed by Macedo Motorsports in Florida. Larry also added a Walbro fuel pump to the stock fuel system because of the Nitrous.

Dual fogger nozzles for delivery. NOS told me that the fogger Nozzles are good for 150rwhp each so unless you're trying for more than 300rwhp. 10 fogger Nozzles is slightly better but cost is about $1500 extra? With jets that small there is a much higher chance of any dirt causing a clogged nozzle.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt use a controller like that, but wished i did. I was using the VEC2 as the window, WOT and trigger to spray. im not a fan of the cheesy switches you typically see on most kits.

here is a site i have used for a lot of nitrous stuff, they have some controllers but not like what you seek.
Search Results - Nitrous oxide controllers for Nitrous systems

i was gonna install the nitrous back on the car this winter but got lazy, id like to see what you find for a controller before i plan my system out.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trick performance P and V gauges with an FJO wide band controller...

What he said ...http://www.trickperformanceproducts.com/images/p_manual_ver_d.pdf
I just dont know about logging, i had it dyno tuned it then adjusted it a bit more on the street.
You can hook up a/f, bottle pressure, tps, first gear lock out rpm based, heater, safety a/f lockout safety fuel pressure lockout, shift light, nos ramp delay, its all on the screen...its really easy to use.
After i set it up i just watched a/f guage and jetted it.
If your at sea level you can start with the jet chart they have and
set your a/f lockout to 11.1. to 11.6 so it will shut down the solenoids to the fuel and nos. You can get a plate made from nitrous outlet. It looks cleaner but i dont think you need it for 150hp. Also if you do decide to go nos dont get a bottle heater get a Nano: Nitrous on Steroids! nano or you will wait 40 min for the bottle to heat up and it will have low pressure after 6 runs and thats on a 15 lber.
I used both P and V mainly because i was watching a/f and the V gauge just looks good for bottle pressure.:dunno:
Gauges are not cheap like 350.00 maybe i dont remember.
You can also go to nitrous express and get a cheaper system.
good luck.

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, Im glad I asked, I didn't even know about the P and V guages! So these guages/controllers are pretty easy to adjust on the fly? Is there anything that retards the timming when the system is armed? Are you guys doing this? Lastly do you guys have pics of your P & V guage setup? Thanks.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really complicated:

One push button on the steering wheel.

push - go
let off = slow
No other electronics to hose up and blow your engine.

seriously !!

:D

OP
OP
P

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So no one is using any type or timing retard devices? Do you guys run a dedicated fuel system with race gas or something else to control detonation ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude