Nitrous questions...

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running 200 shot NX for last 45,000 plus miles.
I might suggest you try this vice the 300 shot. Maybe
the bottom end could handle the 300 shot for extended periods?
Jim Potts has done more Nitrous than most, get his imput.
I have the TNT 555 engine package.Although I have my differences
with Roy, the quality of their product is exceptional and
VERY RELIABLE! 110 refills on my bottle and still going strong!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheyster,

Check out my website at Http://btrviper.com for the ultimate nitrous system for your viper.

Im not going to spend lots of time typing here, but please consider the supplemental fuel requirements for a nitrous wet system while considering your nitrous choices. Fuel stavation is the silent killer of any nitrous engine, and fuel "Puddling" has been known to destroy viper intake manifolds. Not to mention detonation, which is common with todays poor quality low octane unleaded fuel.

I offer the most powerfull alternative that money can buy. My own viper runs low 10's at over 137 mph with just nitrous and an exhuast system.(check out the exhuast system while you are at the site...im the only tuner that guarantees performance!!)

Check it out!

tom

BTR VIPER PREFORMANCE... "where value and the dollar come together"

BTW my viper made 620 rear wheel horsepower and 702 rw torque(thats 713bhp and 804 flywheel torque!). Oh!, and uses the STOCK SPARK PLUGS. I have dyno sheets and time slips for those interested.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shey,

The kit was designed for its current max power for safety and reliability concerns for the average installer/user. Some members of the viper community may be new to nitrous, therefore we wanted something that would be conservative and available to all, even the novice without the concern of possible damage.

Remember though that with this kit you will make as much or more rear wheel horsepower than ANY of the ENGINE mods that are available anywhere at 20 TIMES THE PRICE!

We can customize kits for those who seek more power from a nitrous kit. I will be testing soon on my own viper, higher power levels.

thanks again for your questions.

tom

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twin Turbo 800

The propane tank utilizes a pressure gauge similiar to that of the nitrous tank. The user monitors the pressure just as he does nitrous pressure. The great thing is that a 5 pound propane tank lasts over 60 full 1/4 mile passes. The pressure required for the propane is much lower than nitrous(140-160 psi) and is more easily regulated with regards to atmospheric temperature.

Viper Steve,

Fuel puddling happens when say you shut your engine down after WOT like a 1/4 mile pass and you did not idle long enough to use all of the fuel injected into the intake, or have an injector that is seeping. By design the viper intake manifold has crevises and bends, not to mention casting flash, all of which can trap liquid gasoline. This is very common with the carburated 426 hemi intake manifolds that are similiar in design to your viper intake. The design is called "crossram". All air that enters through the left throttle body actually goes to the bank of cylinders on the RIGHT side of the engine and vice versa. The long runners create more velocity which in a nutshell creates more power but puddling is a drawback. I have ran these types of manifolds for 20 years and have seen the result of fuel puddling(ignition of the fuel on the subsequent engine start).

Im not a viper design engineer, but i know this; the viper engine idles VERY LEAN, maybe its for emissions, maybe it is a safegaurd for scenerios like the above.

Now, enter the fuel additive for a nitrous wet system. That extra gasoline is going to be sprayed right into the tb's. Where is the excess going after you disengage the nitrous? Maybe it will be scavenged into its perspective cylinder and combusted, maybe you elect to just shut down immediately after a nitrous test to check plugs(Hmmmmmmmm!!)

I prefer to not deal with any of the concerns of gasoline usage with nitrous in the viper. The engine needs all the fuel that the car can give it at WOT by itself, a nitrous system using gasoline, in my opinion, will only lead to a lean-dangerous mixture. Fuel starvation is the silent killer of nitrous engines. Remember that the fuel has to fight the same g forces that you do when it is traveling from the tank at the BACK of the car to the engine and nitrous/fuel solenoid under WOT acceleration, and the fuel solenoids demand is usually equal to that of the engine! and ALL AT ONCE!

When i leave the starting line, heading towards another low 10 second run, im not worried about fuel delivery and detonation! I can concentrate on the driving job at hand and how much fun Im having in the process.

tom Http://btrviper.com

"if we had some ham, we could have some ham and eggs, if we had some eggs"