NJMS, an experience I won't soon forget !!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an experience ! First off, I want to thank all those who set up the event, good to see so many of the guys since I don’t go to too many events anymore. I had to shoot out around 3 to make a family party back home, and didn’t see anyone .. guess everyone was watching the ACR race.

As for my track time ?? That was something new for me ! I had absolutely no business being out on that track in the group I was in, but then in the other group I know I wouldn’t have pushed myself as much. The funniest thing to me was, there I was waiting to get out for my time trial, to my right are two ACR-Xs, ACRs in back of me, something in front of me that I don’t even know what it was with a wing big enough to put downforce on the Space Shuttle, guys with Cool Shirt technology on a 85+ degree day sitting in their cars like they are in Hotel Suites while I didn’t even get out yet and I was sweating so much the chin ******** my helmet was soaked. ... and I’m just laughing at myself sitting there realizing I have the oldest car on the track with a 2000 RT/10, and no matter how good I have it set up for what it is, just the ACRs are light years ahead of my car - forget about the ACR-X. Oh and excuse me for not having a full time mechanic and crew waiting for me to get off the track and get my car ready for the next run.....oh and such a shame those guys have to be pulled from their air conditioned rigs, big enough to make any NASCAR driver jealous.

Then we go out, and "NEW" does not even describe that experience for me. I never saw so much rubber get thrown around a track, I just never been in that spot before. Charlie you hit the nail on the head. These other guys have the car to be able to stay on line at the speed they wish, while I’m trying to stay on line, do a respectable time, but sometime forced to go of line if I didn’t want 10 cars stacked up behind me, so all the sh*t rubber they are throwing off their car, I am picking up and I hear this flapping of rubber in my wheel wells and under my feet like I was off roading running over animals. I thought my car was falling apart ! As if that isn’t bad enough, now I have so much sh*t stuck on my tires, I’d swear my wheels were all off balance and I’m starting to get this bad vibration at high speed so I’m lifting at the end of the straights.

All I can say is I didn’t even bother to take home a time sheet, but thank God I wasn’t last as I did glance at someone else’s sheet and I was two or three up from the bottom. My car is just a car, these ACR-Xs and ACRs are machines to be respected !

I"ll have some pics on Facebook and a video later tonight, wish this site had a Facebook link .... Hey VCA - it’s 2011 - come on.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lolololol, I was just thinking, anyone ever see the movie with John Candy, where he goes on vacation with his family and ends up racing in a big Yacht race with some old sh*t bar that was once a boat? That was me yesterday, only I didn't haves shirt big enough to set sail on my top of my car to be competative !

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh: sounds like you had a blast!! Glad you didnt kill yourself out there chasing those crazy ACRs around :2tu:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was some awesome machinery there :)

Andrew you did a great job. Time trials was a big step and you survived. Just think of it as a qualifying session every time you go out. There is a lot of pressure.

My impact gun is DeWalt but there are much better ones I would research it. The best is Snap-On I have used it with race teams and its amazing

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was some awesome machinery there :)

Andrew you did a great job. Time trials was a big step and you survived. Just think of it as a qualifying session every time you go out. There is a lot of pressure.

My impact gun is DeWalt but there are much better ones I would research it. The best is Snap-On I have used it with race teams and its amazing

Steve, you weren't too shabby yourself pulling within 3/4 seconds of Kuno's track time record on Sat. :D Let me say what a FUN time it was. Andrew, sorry I missed you I got to the track at 4pm on Sat just in time for the last run but got in a few runs on Sunday too. I have rubber all over my car which looks like it's going to be a PITA to clean off. Dimitrios, Dutch, Steve, Jimmy, Rick, Ed, Russ, etc it was great seeing all everyone there. The only pics I have is of the ACRX wreck that occurred during the warm up lap yesterday. I have some video of the comp coupe down the back straight. I'm quite certain Jimmy, Courtney and Ed have hundreds of pictures to post.

Last edited:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you were the oldest in the Time Trial group, I was the oldest out there being a fairly stock '94.... I have a pretty bad sunburn on my arm from it constantly waving people by :) I think I just need a giant foam finger when I'm out there. While I was far from the fastest out there, I was the best sounding :)

My wife filled our camera card with pictures, so after downloading them and selecting the best, I'll post some pics up. I would love it if someone had a video of my spin, it was in the white group on the first outing saturday just after we first got on the track .... cold tires, higher speed than orientation laps, line not quite right

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Victor it was nice meeting you and your wife yesterday. These pics are of the Compe Coupe wreck that occurred yesterday morning on the back straight. The driver walked away thank goodness:

2011-06-12_08-52-14_927.jpg

2011-06-12_08-52-07_828.jpg

2011-06-12_09-32-59_199.jpg

2011-06-12_09-32-27_177.jpg

And I caught a video of the GT Comp Coupe race from my VIP suite on the back straight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYYO29_7wDA

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony thanks unfortunately I ran out of tires on Sunday so I couldn’t push it . It would have been nice to try for the record but with my brand new tires being almost corded it wasn’t in the cards.

That wreck was not an ACR X it was a Comp Coupe. (Cathy Stout) and she walked away from a very big hit. It shows how well Dodge engineered the Comp Coupe.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper067 I guess you got me beat overall since I'm a 2000 rt/10, but yeah in the TT group I was the geezer - car.

Steve, thanks for the encouragement and the info on the tool. I ordered one today! And yes I guess I can say I survived. I took my tires off over the weekend to put my car back to street, and GEEZ, you have to see the globs of rubber mostly on the inner side of the front left, and both rears, interesting how the front right was almost clean. And I was def running on only 10, as one plug wire was loose and just sitting there. I have a great pic of the rear right wheel lift off the ground going around a turn with a CC on my ass. That one is getting framed.

One thing dissapoints me is I can't spray on the straight, just not long enough to make it worth it, which is why I really would like a trip back to Pocono and get on that back straight, bring it back up to the 170 mark, always a nice rush.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew ... I saw you running out there and you looked good ... I'm mixed on the track, Thunderbolt was way more technical that Pocono and the straights weren't as long. Those little 4 bangers had a significant weight advantage that raw HP wouldn't make up for.

Tony, it was great to meet you after exchanging so many threads

As for Kathy's comp coupe ..... she showed me how to drive a viper in that car last year at BeaveRun and in my office I have pictures of me getting into that car before we went out. It's a shame that that chassis is gone, but a testament to how well they protect the drive. She hit the wall at well over 100mph and walked away with what appears to be just bruises. We'll see her in a few weeks at BeaveRun.

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What an incredible weekend, Thanx to everyone who put this together,Steve for taking the time to show me the lines to drive It was great seeing all you guys from the club there. My car was great and having my brother and my friends to come down and give me a hand was like having my own pit crew.Im thinking this should be a regular event once or twice every year.Andrew Im thinkin you did just fine holding your own

All I can say is my cheeks still hurt from smiling so much.hopefully some of the guys with video cams in there cars will post

Russ

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ it was great to see you . Thank for everything especially letting me borrow your truck. It saved me from switching the tires. Speaking of which please thank you brother he was awesome. Always willing to lend a hand and he helped me a lot.

You guys are awsome

Its crazy I must have done more ride arounds/lead follows then I thought . Sunday morning I cheacked my brand new tires and found that they were almost corded ( crazy) During the time trial I only did 3-4 laps and then I cam in because I would catch lap traffic. It must have been all the woman I had in the car that made me forget how much I was driving :)

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a little follow-up to my great day. Last night I spend 3 hours, scraping off what came to 6.5 pounds of rubber I picked up from the track thrown around from all those ACR-Xs and ACRs, some of which I guess was your's Steve. Think that was enough to throw off may wheel balance and cause a vibration ?? I have it in a bucket, don't now what to do with it all ... lol ... so much effort, I don't have the heart to throw it away. It would make a great playground cushion, but that would mean about 100 more events, and lots of scraping and smelling burnt rubber. There has to be a better way.

There I was with a heat gun and a scraper, trying to salvage my tires for another event. What I wouldn't give for that endless supply of tires I saw stacked up by the teams in the garage that day.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew - I would have told you to not waste your time. It all comes off by the second lap next time you go out on track. The ACR-X run on very soft slicks.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an awesome weekend at the track! not just a little bit late - here's a SLIDESHOW

If you don't see your car in the mix but you were there send me a PM - it's possible I missed a few on the selections and uploads, but we literally have over 1,000 pics

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21