No Brakes

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Coming home from gas station,got on it a bit went to hit the brakes to find out their was nothing there.Found out that the brake booster hose poped off.
Has this happened to anyone else and is this normal?
What can I do to stop this from happening again? Thanks In Advance

Last edited:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, not normal. Did it work again after putting the hose back on? If it's old, the hose may have hardened, but since it's under vacuum it should still stay on. Is there any boost to the intake, or any backfiring? Replace the hose and hose clamps at a minumum, maybe even the check valve.

OP
OP
S

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, not normal. Did it work again after putting the hose back on? If it's old, the hose may have hardened, but since it's under vacuum it should still stay on. Is there any boost to the intake, or any backfiring? Replace the hose and hose clamps at a minumum, maybe even the check valve.

This is the second time,first time was in july on the track.Clamped where it come off the intake.This time it came off the booster side so I clamped that side.
No boost and car runs awesome.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The brakes should still work, they just aren't vacuume assisted. You would have to press dang hard, but they should still stop the same.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm reaching here but is it possible your engine is flexing so much that the hose becomes disconnected? Maybe your engine mounts have gone bad?

OP
OP
S

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was out on road course today with both ends clamped,NO problem.
Thanks again for all the replys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456