No Cats!!!!!!!!!!!

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running a complete factory exhaust with no cats and no muffler in my GTS.It is very loud,but thats the way I like it.As for the heat,cant even feel it anymore.The car dynoed 452 rwhp and 500 ft/lbs rwtq with no other mods.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference in heat when I removed my cats. You don't have to worry abut getting burned from the side sills on the way out
smile.gif

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately get rid of cats.I have cdi headers to 3" pipe to 3" corsa.Awesome sound and LOUD.Side sill are warm to the touch but not hot.Car runs cooler.Depending on year you might need cat syms to plug in and keep computer happy.And of course it will not pass a sniff test which we don't have in NY. Bruce

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im running borla cat back with no cats (straight pipe welded in place). Since mine is an 00 model, had rear O2 simms which cured check engine light. Car is substantially louder, runs alot cooler, no heat on side sills at all. Only drawback is that at idle sounds a little ratty. Not really bad just a little rough. At WOT it is incredible though.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will I have the computer problems on a 95?
I'm switching to 3" with no cats from a standard exhaust with no mods except smooth tubes/K&N.
How to fix, if so?

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey G,
I hate to have it too loud. I'd hate to miss out on questions like the one I got last weekend from a little hottie, "Is it possible to have sex in this Viper?"

You must be registered for see images

So if I remove the cats and the mufflers, will my GTS attract as many Cops as it does hotties now ?? If so, I'll be in jail the first week out of storage !!!
supergrin.gif

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to run NO CATS and still use mufflers ??

I'm kinda curious about doing something to my exhaust over the winter, but I also don't want my neighbors complaining to the cops about the noise. How loud is it without cats, and No mufflers ?? How about witout cats, and keeping the mufflers

Thanks

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diamond Dan, (or Designated Driver)

No cats and no mufflers would be slightly louder than my exhaust...

You need to do SOMETHING...yours sounds terrible!
supergrin.gif

G

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on no cats but with borla muffler 3" and stock everything else. Any computer problems? What to do?

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1998 RT10. I might remove cats, too. (off road of course, blah blah blah, etc) Any computer problems on my year? Bueller? Anybody? Thanks in advance!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have stock cats and Belanger 3" mufflers. It's loud enough. It sets off car alarms. With a sidepipe car you probably wouldn't want it any louder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc