No cover...

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the Viper's first winter with me, and I don't have a cover on it. It's just sitting in the third stall. Is there going to be any permanent damage, something I can't take care of come spring time? It's just making me nervous...

SCOTTB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no good answer but i picked up covercraft weahtersheild cover for 285 bucks seems like after much research it was the best option for me because the car does sit outside sometimes. The only problems that could occur is dust (scratches) or a bump into type damage.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are alot of high quality covers out there,I have always had problems with them leaving marks on a dark colored car.My car is stored inside so I just use high end bed sheets with all edges and tags cut off,works great no dust no scratches!!!!!

OP
OP
J

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are alot of high quality covers out there,I have always had problems with them leaving marks on a dark colored car.My car is stored inside so I just use high end bed sheets with all edges and tags cut off,works great no dust no scratches!!!!!

Ya mine is black so....what you said about sheets seems so obvious I feel stupid for not thinking of that. Thank you, I'll throw one on tomorrow morning!:D

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya mine is black so....what you said about sheets seems so obvious I feel stupid for not thinking of that. Thank you, I'll throw one on tomorrow morning!:D
Don't forget to tell it a good story before turning out the light. B/W, you can order a cover through Dodge dealer or likely one of the site sponsors!;)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give it a good wipe down every couple of weeks with a quality wash & was such as Motul. That stuff is fantastic :2tu: Don't forget to run it a lil bit to keep the juices flowing.

:usa:

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call California car cover Co they have great covers and excellent service I bought a dust top for my viper Mine is only stored indoors this cover has been excellent no dust and protects the snake from the kids and all others who bump into the car, of course only by accident!

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get a dust cover for it. I always cover my non dailey driver cars up when they are in the garage.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call California car cover Co they have great covers and excellent service I bought a dust top for my viper Mine is only stored indoors this cover has been excellent no dust and protects the snake from the kids and all others who bump into the car, of course only by accident!

Since I'm in the market, I've done some research and most all of the car covers that you see advertised are made by CoverCraft. Cali Car Cover and others are merely retailers selling the same product. Prices are generally the same with some retailers offering a free bag and/or free shipping.

What I did find is one retailer that's offering VCA members a 5% discount and free shipping. He's working on the measurements of a cover required to fit the new aero package for the '08's.

Here's their website: Car Covers - Covercraft & Coverking Car Covers - Truck & SUV Accessories

If you call them, ask for Charlie and make sure you tell them you're a VCA member.

Reaction score
If you are going to be using sheets on the car be SURE they have been washed a couple times with NO soap and then dried without softener. Your paint does not like either of these! Also remember that any cotton cloth if it gets moisture on it will hold it on the cars finish and may attract mildew. I would really suggest passing on this option if you can get a cover instead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang