No postings for non-Viper owners, thats what I say!!! Admins...

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigsViper:
Only elitists would try to pigeonhole and slam people based on their reasons for liking the Viper, or their posts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the club!

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Hmmm, did't you write once, Kid, that you had no problem with things being organized

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vipercrazy, maybe my deductive abilities have deteriorated to the point where I should be the one watching the Matlock marathon, but I don't know what you are talking about. All of my comments in this thread have bagged on the DELETION of posts and/or the movement of MEMBERS to DIFFERENT AREAS of the forum, as was suggested in an attempt to segregate non-owners. I still do not have a problem with you taking the time to move posts to an area you deem appropriate (as long as a note is left so that I don't have to use the search button to find the topic I was posting to). My prior comments regarding multi-subject posts were just meant to illustrate how futile this policy may become and maybe to shed some light on how such topic assignment decisions are made. Once again, if you are willing to spend your "******, She Wrote" bathroom breaks to shepard posts to an area you feel works better for the Board, I'm willing to see how it goes - same thing I said before. I don't understand how any of my comments in this thread could seriously be taken as a stab at your attempt to put things (even though they usually are things I get involved with) in their proper place.

BUT, if you want to start delineating between owners/non-owners/VCA members/zaino users vs. zymol users/etc., I do not agree with that and I'll make it known. Same goes for the deletion/locking of posts without an explanation.

As far as losing credibility with you, if I had known I had any to begin with, I might have worked harder to keep it......nah, lets not get carried away.

BTW, Wayne - my only experience with Sonic Drive Ins was on a trip through the south I had the mispleasure of taking a couple years ago. The Edna in the little hut where they fry up the burgers asked where I was from, and when I said I was visiting from California, her only reply was, "WHY?????, If I could get out of here, I'd never come back." Yeah, you hear kids in La Jolla say that a lot too......not.

WAR REGIONAL SMACK!!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I wonder if this one could go to five pages or longer? Nobody to really smack on in KC so I have to sit in the bleachers and wave my various pennants (right now it is Kid97).

As to PMUM's comments, I would agree with just about all of them. I would caution that some of your "show and shine" guys are not playing "Mr. Cool" around their cars if and when they show them. I drag race mine, autocross it, and road race it when there is a local venue (usually with the Porsche Club). I also show mine if there is nothing better to do that day. I clean it up, put my cute little MGW-enhanced plaque next to it (answers questions so I don't have to) and walk away. After cruising the rest of the show and checking out everybody else's rides (usually snapping pictures along the way), I saunter back towards mine and stand at a distance to watch the reactions. I have no delusions as to my attractiveness and know that the car is the star. Interestingly enough, most of the owners of various models at shows park a lawn chair within elbow distance of their cars. I usually stand back unless somebody looks like they have a question or is about to key it.
You must be registered for see images

Personally, I think the owners that give Vipers a bad name are the ones that steal stuff at VOI's, race kids on crowded streets until one or both are dead, or feels the urge to let you know how great they are at any opportunity. I think the guys (and gals) that have nothing but Viper clothes and jewelry to wear everywhere are pushing it at times, but such is life. If I had my way, every Viper, unless a signed and numbered edition, would get at least 5,000 miles a year of driving including at least one road course with an instructor (if one is warranted). These cars are just SO much fun to drive and so durable to boot, it seems to be almost a crime to leave them sitting in the garage only to show them off to your friends and relatives once a month.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Chris

Vipuurantae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with the whole Viper owners only thing. As a kid myself who doesn't own a viper YET, this is the only place where i can relate with others about Viper info. This site makes me feel like owning a viper is a life-time acheivement and by talking to others about it, I feel like i'm apart of the viper community. Even if you don't own a Viper, it doesn't mean you can't share or take part in a viper forum such as this.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I welcome Vipuurantae and any future Viper owner or fan so long as they don't stir the *** too much (leave that to us paying members
) A word of advice for you Vipuur-antenna, Please don't consider Viper ownership a lifetime achievment, I hope you set your goals much, much higher! The Viper and other "things" will come much easier if you focus on higher objectives! Good Luck!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should be able to ask a question on the site until they have passed a skills test on using the Board Archives function. Oh, you noticed that the Archives function ***** too?
If it worked, it would minimize the level of redundant stupid questions and either: 1) open up the board for better questions, or 2) kill it because all the questions (stupid or intelligent) have been asked and answered before. Maybe we're spending too much time moderating and not enough time improving the user interface.

....and don't rag on me for not being a part of the solution. I've sent VOLUMES of subject-sorted posts from the old board to some of the code-writers and haven't seen them yet. Maybe I need to start kicking back a fee for hawking camcorder brackets solely by word-of-mouth.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, have we reached a consensus?
I assume from most of the replies that it should be left open, but Dean makes a good point, and I personally believe that the archives should be more accessible, but I don't know a darn thing about HTML and UBB coding, so who am I to criticize?
Anyway, I think this should be settled and not left hanging...Have a great weekend!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Tony,

Why don't we just dump the "Archives" sections as they are currently laid out? At least there wouldn't be people like me griping about nothing being there.

And, whatever happened to the Archive volumes from the old board?

I really prefer having the Search function available for all the posts, but it obviously requires a lot of server space.

Dean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456