Noise When Dumping Clutch RESOLVED!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this thread about a month ago... Noise When Dumping Clutch ...Based off input from that thread and from Sean Roe, I decided to replace the Drivers side motor mount INSULATOR...Ordered up the part from Chuck Tator, as well as a couple of items I "couldn't live without"...On the lift, I supported the motor, and actually raised it up a bit once everything was loose to remove the suspect Insulator...Pics below show the old insulator, where the rubber had separated AND the steel portion of the isolator has obviously exceeded it's yield strength...You will not see this without removing the Insulator, as the separation occured in the back of where the Insulator is mounted...This is undoubtedly due to shifts under heavy load (to put it nicely)...Slipped the new isolator on and took my RT for a rip...Problem solved! I will get some urethane Insulators over the winter for both engine mounts, to reduce the probability of this ever happening again...IN NO WAY WAS THIS RELATED TO DRIVELINE SLACK...I blame those shifty Canadians, for obvious reasons!
79dsc00029.jpg

79dsc00094.jpg

79dsc00095.jpg