Noisy Lifters no more on Creampuff (01)

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted a couple of months ago concerning noisy lifters at the racetrack. JonB suggested installing the pan kit with the trap door baffles, along with the ACR oil filter mount. This I did. Went to Willow Springs yesterday and NO more noisy lifters! Thanks Jon B.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Baird:
I posted a couple of months ago concerning noisy lifters at the racetrack. JonB suggested installing the pan kit with the trap door baffles, along with the ACR oil filter mount. This I did. Went to Willow Springs yesterday and NO more noisy lifters! Thanks Jon B. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks JB! Willow is a tough course, too. Louder than usual noisy lifters at track events are often a sympom of oil starvation due to G-forces in cornering and braking. ESPECIALLY on 1996.5-1999 Vipers. Your HELMET, --or Bill Ps earmuffs--- will disguise the clatter.

Even a 2000+, with their improved windage tray and pan can benefit from improved oil scavenging, and lessened oil starvation. The ACR OFA even promises to provide 7-12 more PSI.
A "cheap insurance" upgrade too, at under $550 for BOTH! Complete bolt-ons/ins next oil change.

SCARY TRUTH: "New Owners" are coming out of the woodwork, with their "new" low-mile 1996.5-1999 used Vipers as their first Viper. Those who FAIL TO HEED Oil starvation warnings may be doomed to a gruesome failure in future track events, if something is not done to improve oiling. Especially urgent if you plan to run DOT slicks or true slicks. Unfortunately, numerous "lurkers" here will not post their sad experiences in this regard. Spit Happens...... rods spitting out of blocks, that is......Ive spoken to SIX+ this year alone....none posted!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4