Noisy Tranny

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I normally drive my SRT-10 Roadster with the top down, however in winter months have driven more with it up and have noticed the tranny to be a bit noisy especially at traffic lights. In neutral is the worst with clutch disengaged. . Just sounds like noisy gears, nothing grinding or horrible. Is this normal/common??

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally drive my SRT-10 Roadster with the top down, however in winter months have driven more with it up and have noticed the tranny to be a bit noisy especially at traffic lights. In neutral is the worst with clutch disengaged. . Just sounds like noisy gears, nothing grinding or horrible. Is this normal/common??

As some would say..."The year matters." The GEN IV's ('08-'10) have Neutral Gear Rattle which is completely normal. I remember the first time I heard it on my '08. Thought I had done something horribly wrong to the tranny.

OP
OP
D

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is a gen 4. Yes noise goes away with clutch pedal down. Up in neutral is at it's noisiest. This is not toi be confused with any clutch noise or anything, strictly just sounds like gears turning... Thinking it is normal, however just wanted to be sure.

F

FrgMstr

I heard if you pay them a little extra you can get them to **** at least while the top is down. ;)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NGR normal, i called the wizard about this a year ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang