NorCal Viper Club floor mats

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The old adedge you get what you pay for is true. These are probably the best floor mats I have ever owned. Perfect fit, very heavy and ultra thick. I have the Lloyds in my Vette and for the price, I love them. These are about 2 steps beyond. Thanks Maurice and the NorCal club for offering these.
You must be registered for see images

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old adedge you get what you pay for is true. These are probably the best floor mats I have ever owned. Perfect fit, very heavy and ultra thick. I have the Lloyds in my Vette and for the price, I love them. These are about 2 steps beyond. Thanks Maurice and the NorCal club for offering these.

Hey RikRok, I sent you a couple of PM's regarding your seat work and where you had it done but you never responded. Any chance of giving me the name and contact info for the shop that did your seats for $600????

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure, let me check with him first. He seemed kinda put out when he did mine for that price. I have to pick up my lower door panels on Tuesday. Keep in mind that you are looking at about $250 round trip to ship seats, as I just did with my C5 seats. Also mine leather was picked from something he had, special order or custom would only drive up the price. And lastly, he did not do the embroidery. I took the pieces elsewhere during assembely.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor Cal floor mats are the nicest I've seen and owned. Lloyds are complete garbage, they are like bathroom carpet. I was foolish enough to buy a set of the Lloyds from California Car Cover. Time to order another set from Nor Cal.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor Cal floor mats are the nicest I've seen and owned. Lloyds are complete garbage, they are like bathroom carpet. I was foolish enough to buy a set of the Lloyds from California Car Cover. Time to order another set from Nor Cal.
I just ordered a set last week from Maurice and went with the ACR logo; almost went Lloyds but glad i didn't now.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The NorCal mats are nice, but to say the Lloyds are complete garbage is just not true. I've had both. I found the construction and materials to be about equal, with the Lloyds actually being a little better fit. The problem with both sets is that the Viper head is right where my heel rests...so that part wears out fast........if you drive your car at all. I bought the Lloyds after the Nor Cal mats hoping the head would be further back, but it wasn't to be. Except for the head wearing out, either set should last the life of the car. My Nor Cal trunk mat does not fit properly around the amp on the left of the trunk. There is no cut out for the amp which means it needs to be folded up around it to work. Being well made and heavy duty stuff...it doesn't fold real easy.

Our ACR mats are Venzano

Steve

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve I can't vouch for the trunk mat, but I've got to wonder what has happened to the quality of the Lloyds mats. The tight weave of the NorCal mats is amazing, as well as the quality of the Sneaky Pete and the piping. You are absolutely correct about the wear on the Viper head over time. I actually cut up the first set of Lloyds mats for the correct fit of the hatch release. They were adament that no Vipers had this option, so I cut up the set for a proper fit and drove back to California Car Cover where they verified that these later cars have the release I was talking about. They sent my template set back to Lloyds. A couple of weeks later they sent me a new set with the correct fit.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Lloyds are almost 4 years old now so I guess I can't really vouch for current QC or standards. Except for the snake and Viper logo, the carpeted portion of the mat is holding up very well. I bought the Norcal mats a little over 8 years ago and ran them for almost 5 years and 51,000 miles. There were only a few wisps of threading left where any embroidery used to be. Certainly not enough to have a clue what used to be there. I can't understand why all the mats aren't made with any embroidery and / or logo back further? Seems so simple a fix.........as would equate to a small dose of common sense.

Steve

Steve

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I passed this thread along to Maurice. He made a couple of comments about the mats.

"Glad he's happy with them.

I've heard that comment every so often -- "Why don't they move the logo back, it's right where your heel goes. Seems like common sense." Well, the problem is, if the logo was further back on the mat, you wouldn't even see the logo! As it is, you can barely see the logo on the driver's side...

BTW, the newer mats are made from thicker carpet than the older mats, so people who have mats that are more than 2 years old have different carpet and therefore don't reflect the current product.

Not sure why that guy had a problem with the amplifier. As far as I know, all the Vipers have had their amplifier mounted in the same place in the trunk, and other people (myself included) haven't had a problem with fit. I wonder if his amplifier was moved or is non-stock.

I used to think mats were common sense and didn't need an owner's manual until I sent a trunk mat to one guy, and he complained that the logo was in the wrong place and you couldn't see it. I finally looked at how he put the mat in his trunk, and he took the spare tire out, cut a hole (right through the emblem) and put the spare tire carrier bolt through it. Then he put the tire back over the mat! I mean, don't you think you'd go, hmmmm, this can't be how it was intended? The mat was supposed to cover the spare tire, not go under it.... So, never underestimate people.... ;-)"

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I passed this thread along to Maurice. He made a couple of comments about the mats.

"Glad he's happy with them.

I've heard that comment every so often -- "Why don't they move the logo back, it's right where your heel goes. Seems like common sense." Well, the problem is, if the logo was further back on the mat, you wouldn't even see the logo! As it is, you can barely see the logo on the driver's side...

BTW, the newer mats are made from thicker carpet than the older mats, so people who have mats that are more than 2 years old have different carpet and therefore don't reflect the current product.

Not sure why that guy had a problem with the amplifier. As far as I know, all the Vipers have had their amplifier mounted in the same place in the trunk, and other people (myself included) haven't had a problem with fit. I wonder if his amplifier was moved or is non-stock.

I used to think mats were common sense and didn't need an owner's manual until I sent a trunk mat to one guy, and he complained that the logo was in the wrong place and you couldn't see it. I finally looked at how he put the mat in his trunk, and he took the spare tire out, cut a hole (right through the emblem) and put the spare tire carrier bolt through it. Then he put the tire back over the mat! I mean, don't you think you'd go, hmmmm, this can't be how it was intended? The mat was supposed to cover the spare tire, not go under it.... So, never underestimate people.... ;-)"

I completely disagree with the logo placement. It could easily be seen back further. I guess most Vipers aren't driven much so for them it doesn't really matter.

Our car was a factory pick up. Stock amplifier. I apprised Maurice of this problem 8 years ago, but he didn't think it possible not to fit. I had no camera then, but do now. I took some pics just now. Looks like I have a defective mat. By flopping it over, you can see it clears the amp nicely, but the other end is still folded up. I wonder if NorCal will go good for a new one?

Steve

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve 00RT/10. The mat certainly doesn't look right. A picture is worth a thousand words. I certainly have no issues with mine. They look and fit great.

PM sent.

Reaction score
I have the NorCal mats, beautiful mats, though the drivers side bunched up by the pedal in the very beginning and lost its shape to lie flat. Kind of a ridge -up right by the pedals.

I also have the Lloyds mats in the wife's vette, and they are a first quality, durable, beautiful floor mat.

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a set of Lloyds mats and I was very impressed with the fit and quality of them. They stay in place soooo much better than the stock mats!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the northern cal front mats and trunk mat for my RT. I just bought the trunk mat and I have had floormats for 10 years and 50k miles...and they still look great...just take care of them.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little follow up on my trunk mat issue. I received a new mat today courtesy of the NORCAL club. Maurice found that the cut on my original mat was wrong and has made it right. The new mat fits very nicely and we are quite satisfied.

Thanks Maurice,

Steve

I completely disagree with the logo placement. It could easily be seen back further. I guess most Vipers aren't driven much so for them it doesn't really matter.

Our car was a factory pick up. Stock amplifier. I apprised Maurice of this problem 8 years ago, but he didn't think it possible not to fit. I had no camera then, but do now. I took some pics just now. Looks like I have a defective mat. By flopping it over, you can see it clears the amp nicely, but the other end is still folded up. I wonder if NorCal will go good for a new one?

Steve

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had both NorCal and Lloyd's mats.....NO comparison in my book....NorCal mats hands down are the better of the 2. Had Lloyd's in my Gen 1 and then went with the NorCal and felt like I got screwed with the Lloyds! Have NorCal in my Gen 3......excellent fit, and they will last a Long, Long time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960