NORTHEAST ZONE EVENT - I just signed up! Can't wait!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NORTHEAST ZONE EVENT - I just signed up! Can\'t wait!

If you are in the Northeast zone of the USA and you have NOT signed up, DO IT NOW!

I just talked to Joe Houss, and this is going to be a great event... factory cars, drag racing, autocrossing, food, and a bunch of Vipers! Joe told me there are plenty of spots available, and there are spots open at the hotel too. It's only 2 weeks away, so you guys and gals better sign up now while it's still fresh in your mind.

If you've never been to Englishtown, it's a GREAT track, probably one of the fastest, if not the fastest, in the country. Autocrossing is a BLAST, and there's virtually nothing that can go wrong or damage your car - I tried it for the first time 2 years ago, and I was hooked... just as much fun for a first-timer as for a pro. Try it and I GUARANTEE you will have a great time.

See ya all there!

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NORTHEAST ZONE EVENT - I just signed up! Can\'t wait!

I just signed up today. It'll be my first VCA event as I just got my 99 ACR recently. I must admit, I'm a little anxious about it as I am a track ****** but very much looking forward to it.

See you there.

Phil

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Don. That's very nice of you. I'll look forward to meeting you.

Phil

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BUMP>

Phil,

You will be amazed at the camaraderie and friendliness of people at these type of events - you will also LOVE being around a bunch of Vipers! Don't worry about your car - in my years of drag racing, I've only seen about 1 wipeout in thousands of runs, and they were all cars running 10's or something, and they all did something silly to cause a problem. You will be fine, and it will be a blast. As for the AutoX, the only thing to worry about is how much money you will be spending on tires and upgrades after you do it, because you WILL get hooked!
You must be registered for see images

Joe,

Are any folks caravaning down to the event from my area that you know of? I'd have to leave early in the AM, but if others from my area are going, we could do a mini-Viper group thing....

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I did the event last year and would say it was one of the best times I had all summer, first class operation and first class people were all I met. If you want to have a truly great viper day don't miss it theres nothing like sitting in that tower watching the cars go down the quarter mile.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Rest assured any and all novices, intermediates and even pros, can get instruction from others.

Raceway Park officials walk you (literally) down the track, discuss tecniques and make everyone feel at home!

Mike, give me a call late next week and I'll check out the roster and see who's registered from your area.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you need to preregister? I think 3 or 4 of us are going to try to make it.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

Jamie,

Try to preregister if possible. We have catered food coming and autocross scheduling to formulate and it would be a great help if we had that info prior to the event..... if you remember last year, the food was top notch, and we wouldn't want to be short!

Hope to see you there!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

So let's see, if you leave today, drive due east (sort of), make a right on Pension Road, you'll have just what you want!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe, have the final details about the autocross been determined? Classes of cars, or all together? Run your own or run the Dodge cars? Practice in yours, best times in the Dodge cars? Thanks.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score

That's great!

Here's some autocross info:

As you know, we are having a challenge for OUR best two drivers, from this zone, to run against Team Viper. To find them, we'll be running the autocross challenge as follows:

Similar to professional autocross, you will have very little opportunity to run the course before your timed laps. We're expecting each driver to have 2 "warm up" laps in their own Snake, and then right down to business as we will then roll out Dodge's TWO, absolute equal, teched and ready, 2001 Vipers. Each competitor will have 4 laps to prove their the best to run against Team Viper. You will get 2 timed laps, then out of the car and back in line, and then another 2 laps (this will allow everyone to let their first runs soak in, and also give them the opportunity to watch others for tweaking their tecnique).

After the challenge is complete, time permitting, you can then continue to run more fun laps in your own Vipers (but of course, they will not count in the challenge).

Additionally, There will be trophies for the top times in the autocross (in either car you drive). Classes? hmmm, maybe we'll break it into stock and modified based on the amount of attendees, but from what I understand, a stock 2001 has a distinct advantage (ABS) over almost any upgraded non-ABS Viper.