Northeast Zone Rendezvous May 13th thru 15th!!!!!

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NE Zone Rendezvous will be held at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

Held in conjunction with the Mopar Nationals.

Friday May 13th - Viper only day... SCCA Autocross will be run all day.
Drag Racing will be run most of the day, time to be
determined.

We will have the Walter Frey Drag Racing Seminar on Friday
just before our runs.

The Winston Tower Suite will be open to our club on Fri. &
Sat. Restrooms, AC, beverages, and food.

Saturday May 14th - We will have run groups available for 2 Viper Drag Race
Classes. My goal with the Autocross is to have Friday as more of a practice fun day, and have the official Autocross Competition on Saturday. Both days will be run by the SCCA. There will be plenty of professional instructors on hand. I am waiting for track approval for making Autocross a 2 day event.

Sunday May 15th - Racers may buy a tech card and compete in set Sunday classes, either Trophy/Street or Heavy E.T.

There will be alot more information coming... And I will release it as i get and confirm it.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,
I can't wait! This is one of my favorite events as well as my first attended viper event back a few years ago. Great fun and it's always good to meet with the owners. Here's some past pics I took.
1828P60100191-med.JPG

1828P6010004-med.JPG

1828pic008.jpg

1828pic011.jpg

1828pic005.jpg

1828P6020004-med.JPG

Ahh, memories! :headbang:

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R I also can't wait for this GREAT Event... SUN PLEASE!!!

Plum,
You Do Not have to be of the NJ kind to participate. This event is open for the whole Northeast Region of the USA!
But the event will be attended by many of the NJ kind, like myself!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll make sure that this gets posted on the NY/CT website. Larry, can my region help with this event? I know each region gets a bonus ($) when we "co-sponsor" Viper events.

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City,
First of all Congrats!

This is a Northeast Region (USA) Event.
I would appreciate you posting it on the NY/CT website.

I would love to get some Help from NY/CT.

If you'd like we could discuss this via phone shortly.

Thanks,

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a VCA member now but NOT of the NJ kind. is this for all club members?

You did not renew for VCA membership? How could you? Just kidding.

So people do not have to get a VCA membership for events? Then what is the point of membership besides the magazine and badges? Hum... To renew or not? LOL

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Im a VCA member now but NOT of the NJ kind. is this for all club members?

YES! ALL VCA members are welcome to attend, and just as a reminder, the 2 top winners of each autocross competition are invited to Detroit to race against the best of the best of DC's Awesome handpicked, plenty of practice, always on top of their game, autocross team!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355, just joined the VCA for the first time since citysnake got elected and im a NY/CT member as of this week

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Odd question - does anyone have a pic of me and my car running the AutoX last year during the downpour? I thought that would be a great photo to add to my collection.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So people do not have to get a VCA membership for events? Then what is the point of membership besides the magazine and badges? Hum... To renew or not?

Actually, you DO have to be a paid VCA member to attend or participate. Unlike VOI (which is open to all registered Viper owners), the Rendezvous is limited strictly to VCA members. Membership does indeed have it's privileges!

As to the regions getting any type of "bonus $" for helping or hosting, unfortunately that isn't true. The host region gets the honor of organizing the event, but not a single penny in proceeds from what I have seen...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd question - does anyone have a pic of me and my car running the AutoX last year during the downpour? I thought that would be a great photo to add to my collection.

Bonkers,
I wish I was there for that one. Would have taken some really nice pics or wet vipers. I plan on taking 50 pics this year. I'm still trying to find last years pics.

Ron

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So people do not have to get a VCA membership for events? Then what is the point of membership besides the magazine and badges? Hum... To renew or not?

Actually, you DO have to be a paid VCA member to attend or participate. Unlike VOI (which is open to all registered Viper owners), the Rendezvous is limited strictly to VCA members. Membership does indeed have it's privileges!

As to the regions getting any type of "bonus $" for helping or hosting, unfortunately that isn't true. The host region gets the honor of organizing the event, but not a single penny in proceeds from what I have seen...

That is what I thought.

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City,
The NJ Club will be blocking out a bunch of rooms for all members from the Northeast Region. Your Club should take advantage of that and not seperate yourself from the rest of the region. We are going to coordinate the location of the hotel to the track and whatever dinner or cocktail plans we make for Friday or Saturday night.

I will let you know when the Hotel is selected.

We really should talk soon.

Thanks,
Larry

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City,
The NJ Club will be blocking out a bunch of rooms for all members from the Northeast Region. Your Club should take advantage of that and not seperate yourself from the rest of the region. We are going to coordinate the location of the hotel to the track and whatever dinner or cocktail plans we make for Friday or Saturday night.

I will let you know when the Hotel is selected.

We really should talk soon.

Thanks,
Larry
Yeah, LOL :D like I'm not thrilled to leave all the work to someone else! :2tu:
NO PROBLEM Larry!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to meet you NY guys...

As a side note there's a new Longhorn steakhouse over here. Next to it is also a new Hotel. Just an idea Larry but is possible to have a viper dinner or something over here one day? It's a very nice complex/area. I'll have to take some pics but it's a very well built piece of property. There's at least enough parking for what we had at Warnock.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Citysnake--Set up a hotel for NY/CT members to stay at! Thanks
Interesting. I'll check into a local hotel in NJ. How many rooms does anyone think we'll need?

Hey City:

Long time. Well if you need help, feel free to ask. I live about 10 minutes from the track so if you need anything just let me know.

As for the hotel, we used the Hilton on Route 18 last year and I would recommend that again this year. Great parking and nice hotel rooms and a group rate is possible. That hotel is 15 minutes from the track. One straight road to the track and you are there (Route 18).

As for dinner, I have a TON of places any given day. Outback, LongHorn, Chili's/Applebees/Ruby Tuesdays type restaurants, and nice restaurants in New Brunswick which is 5 minutes from the hotel.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be posting the application here, and we will also be doing some sort of mailing next week. It might be in the form of an electronic news letter.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry.

I'm finishing up the New England Region newsletter tonight and was hoping for more details about the Northeast Zone Rendezvous. I've included the text from your original posting, but would've liked to include the hotel details, arrival times, etc.

When you complete your official announcement, will you be U.S. mailing it out to all VCA members in the Northeast? If so, I can mention to watch their mailboxes for additional details coming soon.

Thanks!

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

The details should be complete by this weekend. National is going to do the mailing, but I will post a more detailed schedule for the driving activities, once National confirms the delivery of our SRT cars.