Northern NJ C&C This Weekend

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second that! Car is all polished up and ready to run tomorrow morning! I'll be leaving Hoboken around 7:30am with a highly modified yellow Corvette Z06 following me. Will be in West Orange around 8am, so feel free to get there anytime from 8:00-8:30am. Some other surprise cars should be meeting us in West Orange by 8:15am for the drive over.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for the invite. Great to meet some new folks too! hope to see you guys again fairly soon.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for the invite. Great to meet some new folks too! hope to see you guys again fairly soon.

Really great meeting you guys and happy we will be neighbors soon. Will definitely have to get together sometime once we move up to Armonk.

Despite a 2 minute long downpour and a bunch of kamikaze cicada's bombing our cars, it was a great event today with some really awesome cars. Good seeing everyone and looking forward to the next one. Also thanks for meeting at my Parents' house. Definitely was a great Father's Day surprise for my Dad to have all our cars show up at his house to go to the C&C event together.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't make it this past weekend and this weekend doesn't look good so I'm going to swing by Cops and Rodders in Hackettstown Thursday evening if anyone is interested ? Weather looks Great !

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather looks great for Cops and Rodders this evening....

Here is the address, it' the Lowes store in Hackettstown.

217 Mountain Avenue,Hackettstown,NJ,07840

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going to the boonton show tonight? I plan on being there between 6:30 and 7. Yes mgeorge, beers at my house after.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Father's Day C&C made the local TV news...

I saw some of your cars and Aaron BlueGts got an interview on his Murci.

http://vp.telvue.com/player?id=T00331&video=157973

Overall a fun watch, but the 'reporters' didn't seem to know much about any of the cars. I kept cringing every time they asked each person how fast they have driven their car so far. If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me that same question, I could retire from my job and buy a garage full of Vipers! LOL!!!

They caught my car for a split second in the opening and closing scenes when they were taping the red terrible Fiero based replica of an old Ford GT40 driving through the parking lot.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is looking crappy. Might try boonton tonight if it's clear around 6:00, at least it's close to home. I don't think I'm going to bother trying to go to the toms river show tomorrow.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is looking crappy. Might try boonton tonight if it's clear around 6:00, at least it's close to home. I don't think I'm going to bother trying to go to the toms river show tomorrow.

Forecast took a turn for the worse. Guess we can make a call on C&C in the morning.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm signed up and car approved for the D.A.R.E. event on 9/22. Who else is going ?

[email protected]

Folks,

Every so often, we like to inform the C&C community about interesting automotive events. The DARE event detailed below has been held for a few years. If you would to display a car or get further details, please RSVP directly to drivenbypurposeevent@....

Thanks,

abi & Kirk

Save The Date! September 22, 2013

That time of year is coming soon! The biggest and most concentrated event including only THE best and most exotic cars in the world is being scheduled once again. This is absolutely our biggest event of the year! The event will be on a beautiful Sunday morning - September 22 from 10am - 2pm - in lovely Upper Saddle River, NJ.

Last year over 200 exotic cars united for this spectacular event. This year will be bigger and better than ever as we are looking for a turnout of 300 exotics. Driven by Purpose is teaming up with other organizations to make this the biggest exotic event in New Jersey! People will be driving from all over the northeast to attend this event in Upper Saddle River. As those of you who attended last year will agree - this is an event not to be missed!

The event will include live music, great food and beautiful cars as far as the eye can see. The first 200 cars to arrive will receive gift bags full of great gifts. Trophies will be awarded for the best cars. As you may remember from last year - some of the trophies were so big you could not get them home!

As with most of our events this is by invitation only. If you would like to attend please send your car information for consideration. Once your car is approved you will be added to the guest list. Only those on the guest list will be allowed in with their cars so be sure to register!

Go ahead and mark those calendars – this is an event you do not want to miss!

More info will follow as the event details are finalized. As always - if you know any other exotic car owners who would like to attend please have them contact us.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm out for tonight....see you guys in a few weeks, moving started this am and it will be a **** show till things get settled.

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just registered and was approved ....who else will be there? Come on Charlie create some interest. SEPT. DARE EVENT

Last edited:

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm already registered for the event. I've been on their invite list for two years now. Charlie, this is the group I've been telling you to contact. On another note, went to boonton last night and I'm getting tired of it. There's a few interesting cars but at least a 1/3rd of the show is modern vettes, then add mustangs to that. I hate to sound like an exclusionist snob, I mean, our cars are fairly new, but at least they're pretty rare.