Not a happy Camper....

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who have had the hinge and spring broke on your Viper. How many miles did you actually have when this occurred?

Thanks

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Viper's bodywork is nothing to take pride in. Sagging and popping doors, scuffed weatherstrip, Hatchback latch and hinge failures, body parts that do not align easily, etc. It is all quite annoying to have these kind of issues with a once flagship vehicle.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we should break off "the stay" before it causes damage to the door?

This is the first I have heard of this issue.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far....just grease them and pay attention when opening the door, If you hear/feel a Loud pop or snap, go no further until you have pulled the hinge cover to make sure that the spring has not fallen where it could damage the door.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Camfab said, lube it or lose it.
Like Steve-Indy, an annual to-do.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

any type of lube? i'm terrified now.

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both of my springs are already broken. Car has 37K miles. The wife finds it annoying. I don't mind, as that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to drive a Viper.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Bel Ray Waterproof grease. Any that holds up and doesn't tend to sag is good.

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both of my springs are already broken. Car has 37K miles. The wife finds it annoying. I don't mind, as that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to drive a Viper.

I would check and make sure the spring piece is gone. You don't want the broken spring piece to dancing around under the cover and work it's way into the gap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte