Not all Viper people are good guys

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a story in the newspaper today where a guy got busted in his yellow Dodge Viper with a pound of pure **** yesterday. The paper didnt specify year or style (GTS or RT/10) of the Viper. There's a guy running around town in a yellow Gen 2 RT/10, so I'm assuming it was him. About a month ago, I heard about a yellow Viper having to be towed out of a ditch early one morning. Then about 2 weeks ago, A coworker said he passed a yellow Viper with cops cars surrounding him on the side of the road and he was spread eagle on the hood. So if its all the same guy (i'm pretty sure it is, he's got the only yellow Viper I know of), he's really having a bad run of luck lately. If the Viper ends up in a police auction, I might just have to go and try to grab me a good deal on a playmate for my 96' :2tu:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a story in the newspaper today where a guy got busted in his yellow Dodge Viper...If the Viper ends up in a police auction, I might just have to go and try to grab me a good deal on a playmate for my 96'

Cool, then you can finally put your current wheels on the right color car!

Just messin' with ya ;)

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, then you can finally put your current wheels on the right color car!

Just messin' with ya ;)

[/QUOTE]

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but making fun of my wheels...well, is actually pretty funny :p

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, the DEA just seized one in Oregon from a drug manufacturer. I wonder what kind of deal could be had at one of those auctions???? Hmmm.... I think I'll find out.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to slang crack, is driving a viper REALLY the best way to stay unnoticed? *** was the guy thinking. I'd be driving a pinto to make my runs.

Jon <-seasoned drug runner, from **** Wars days ;-)

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez at least drive a dark colored viper, but not BRIGHT YELLOW!!!

Reminds me of the black Countach they caught making runs from Miami to NYC about ten years ago. That guy was driving at night with night vision goggles on. Evidently he had been making runs for years before they caught him.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh yeah jon, you blend! Even in a 73 lime green pinto you'd stand out. And by stand out I mean obnoxious! :-D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez at least drive a dark colored viper, but not BRIGHT YELLOW!!!

Reminds me of the black Countach they caught making runs from Miami to NYC about ten years ago. That guy was driving at night with night vision goggles on. Evidently he had been making runs for years before they caught him.

The only reason I could see him driving a Viper is for those high speed chases he was probably planning on getting in. The paper just said he was pulled over b/c the cops ran his tag at random (yeah right....they ran it b/c he was in a yellow Viper) and it came back as a non-insured vehicle. A friend of mine talked to a cop last night and the policeman made the comment that they now owned a yellow Viper. He said they were prob going to stripe it, so looks like it wont be going to any police auction afterall.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of the black Countach they caught making runs from Miami to NYC about ten years ago. That guy was driving at night with night vision goggles on.

Anaconda, are you on ****? Now, I've heard of urban legends (and **** Urban Legends on the ******* channel) but this one makes no sense.

Wouldn't oncoming headlights COMPLETELY blind someone wearing night vision goggles?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperfreak2: Maybe it is an urban legend, I don't know. But I have heard the story from a couple different people.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hummm...

yeh I would probably drive a dodge neon or something if I was slingin' crack around town

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hummm...

yeh I would probably drive a dodge neon or something if I was slingin' crack around town

How about a silver Buick LeSabre? No one would suspect GRANDPA of trafficing ****. Neons are on COPS all the time!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hummm...

How about a silver Buick LeSabre? No one would suspect GRANDPA of trafficing ****. Neons are on COPS all the time!

Trans-con Medivac....Cannonball Run style.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now what do you mean Stripe it, do you mean two dual black stripes or Macon Georgia State police logos, light bar and a DARE logo? :D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now what do you mean Stripe it, do you mean two dual black stripes or Macon Georgia State police logos, light bar and a DARE logo? :D

From what I understood, they're just gonna put dual stripes on it. I can only assume they're going to be black. It wouldnt surprise me if they went and added atleast the DARE stickers. Savannah, GA (about 2.5 hours from me) bought a custom painted Viper at a car auction a couple years ago and they made it into their DARE vehicle. Alot was said about the police force spending so much $$ just to buy a car to put DARE stickers on it. To me it makes more sense to use them to go after the high ranking criminals with cars like Vipers, Ferraris, etc. That way the good guys have the same type power and speed as the criminals.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assumed ALL viper owners were cool until that guy posted a while back how he bought his viper by being a male **********. He's probably still lurking here but under a different name.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows that hip drug trafficers always have expired plates, and some non-functioning lights in the back...