Not another GEN1 exhaust sound thread!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, it is. But most of these threads are for gen2 and I need GEN1 advice. I tried this thread before but got confused. I am one weekend away from ditching my quiet, hot, stock exhaust. I want to get both cats and an exhaust. With all the talk of drone going on, I want to get the lowdown from experienced owners. Here's my list of Gen1 parts choices, but feel free to add options:

Cats: Roe or Randomtech

Exhaust: Roe, Belanger, Corsa, Cherry Bomb, or Chambered
(http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html)

I drive mostly top down and want a deeper, somewhat louder, but not annoying, sound. I plan on using the stock headers. The less popping the better too. I know it will never sound like a V8, but want to sound like a muscle car or a mean exhotic, not a rice burner. Sounds clips would be nice too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean Roe said his new exhaust as of two months ago went from 15" to 24" and has less drone than his old one and sounds deeper too, so I ordered the whole catback from him. He seems like an honest guy and he actually talked me out of buying a VEC3 as he said it was unnecessary for my application. I'll post how it sounds when I install it.