November Charity Fun Run

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please pass the email on to your friends. This is for a very good cause. Please copy and paste this on forums you frequent. Print and take to your speed shops and local Parts Stores. thanks again for your time.

God Bless
Micheal Peden 706 581 9436

*1st Annual Community Christmas Dash For Toys Poker Run*

Community Christmas was formed 12 years ago to serve the children of Murray County. We set up what we believe is a unique model to provide for the kids, we set up a "store" where parents can come in and buy up to 3 toys for their children for $3 each. The toys are all new, and retail for $15-25 each. By doing this, we allow the parents to retain some dignity and pride by not having to ask for a handout, but instead relying on a compassionate community. If the parents can't afford the $3 per toy, we give them the toys, but most would rather pay the $3 as a matter of pride. After they go through the store, we give each family 2 bags of food and some blankets. We have shoppers who have been working with local retailers to establish relationships that allow us to buy toys at up to 75% off in some stores. Every dollar that is donated goes strictly for toys or food, there is no overhead. Our buildings are donated, our supplies are donated, even our accountant donates her time. Last year we provided toys and food to over 1400 children in Murray County, and this year we are anticipating the need being even greater, with donations being tighter than ever.

This is for you guys who aren't into drag racing or like to do both. This is a very good trip thru the mountians.

The poker run will begin Saturday Nov. 7th leaving Bradley Square Mall [Cleveland TN] at 8:30am on the DOT!! It goes thru the most scenic (winding) roads we are blessed to have. Ending up in Gatlinburg Tn. THIS is a real awesome drive. Entry is $20 bucks and 1 unwrapped new toy for a boy or girl. We will accept any donation in the form of extra toys or money. The game will be 5 card draw. Highest hand wins $100. Dinner will be in Pigeon Forge saturday night. Will determine a restaurant once we arrive. Go Karts after dinner.

If you choose to stay we will get a group discount on a hotel in Pigeon Forge. Sunday the 8th we meet at NASCAR SpeedTracks in Pigeon Forge @ 12 noon. We will then have a 1st Annual Communtity Christmas Poker Run dash for Toys race. All Day pass for unlimited rides is $27 dollars if we have 15-49 people. We will give out 1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies for our three best Go Kart racers.

Head home time..... after your wife is done shopping.

route: 1. Cleveland Tn (Bradley Square Mall, Sears)
2. Tellico Plains
3. Cherohala Skyway
4. Cherokee, nc
5. Gatlinburg tn

maps will be given out at start.

Micheal Peden [email protected]

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting and forward this to me. This would be good opportunity for those (me included) who couldn't make it to the fall cruise last week. I'll forward your email to our members. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you going to meet in Cleveland Sat. morning? We'll keep an eye on the weather and see how our week goes.
-Chip

Yes - intend to meet by 8:30 at said mall- UNLESS forecast for rain, and it IS raining there or at any or all other destinations. will use intellicast.com java loop to verify.
:hug:

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are trying to make it, have some other plans, but trying to move them around. If we can not make it, can we still donate?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're staying in Cleveland Friday night. Jameson Inn next to the mall. I'd say you could make a donation. That's awful generous. Check with Michael (contact on 1st post)

OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are trying to make it, have some other plans, but trying to move them around. If we can not make it, can we still donate?

We're staying in Cleveland Friday night. Jameson Inn next to the mall. I'd say you could make a donation. That's awful generous. Check with Michael (contact on 1st post)

I will get the info (address or other) from Micheal Peden concerning donating - I'm sure they would appreciate it! There are AT LEAST two other Vipers going from Knoxville besides myself, and possibly some other sports cars.
FYI.:2tu::sun:

OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Lisa and myself as far as I know (from our club), but there may be some other car clubs going. Don't know.

A Very Nice Day!! Glad you and Lisa came, also Jim (Bumblebee) Buchholz. Much thanks to Micheal Peden for organizing it, and Brian and Jo (despite a close-call or two on the Cherohala).
Someone post pics (as I forgot a camera - did have a go-pro, and may post a youtube link later - check back).;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave