Now this looks like fun!!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW :eek:

It would work out great here in SoCal- imagine the look on the faces of the soccer moms as you zip through traffic :2tu:

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ariel atom has been around a while in the UK- amazing road course "car" that is street-legal (in the UK at least). They supposedly had trouble getting a regular supply of the Honda i-VTEC 2.0 L engine and have subsequently dropped a 2.4 L Ford 4 ****** in instead (still with the supercharger). With 300 bhp (top-end model) and 1000 lbs, it is more comparable to open-wheels on the road course!

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I pinged them and they provided me with their FAQ list. Since I live in Canada, looks like I'll be waiting ... anyways ... here's the FAQ

Q: Is the Ariel Atom Available in the US? A: Yes it is. Effective June 2005, we have begun production in the US.

Q: How much do they cost? A: The base model is $35,935.00 and the 300hp Supercharged starts at 47,780.00. There are literally hundreds of possible configurations, and we are releasing a configurator to the public shortly that will allow you to create your very own custom Ariel Atom 2.

Q: How much is the 300hp supercharged version from the BBC TopGear Video? A: The car as configured in the video is about $53,000 USD.

Q: Can I register this car in my state? A: The car has been registered in a few states at this point by individuals. We are going to be selling the cars for track use. Individual owners will need to look into the laws of their state concerning vehicle registration.

Q: Is this car sold as a kit car? A: WE are offering two kit versions. One involves putting on the lighting kit, ECU, etc. and the second requires owner installation of the drivetrain, provided on a separate crate when shipped.

Q: I want an Ariel, I want on the list, and I want one now! A: As of September 1st, 2005, we are now taking orders. If you are ready send us an email and we will send you instruction on how to get into and use the online configurator. You can create multiple configurations to explore how you want to configure your ultimate Atom 2 prior to placing your final order.

Q: Can I drive one? A: We have a demonstrator available in Ashland, Oregon, you are more than welcome to call us and arrange a test drive here. We will be taking cars around the US in late 2005.

Q: When will they be shipping? A: We expect the first cars to ship within 120 days from deposit, depending on how many cars are ordered in the first couple of months, we will be able to more accurately estimated shipping dates.

Q: Can I become a dealer? A: We currently plan on selling direct from the factory in Oregon only, we will revisit the issue in Q1 2006.

Q: Is the car legal in Canada? A: We are working with a company in Canada to handle Canadian distribution and sales.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang