NY Auto Show April 4th

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what we know so far. The reveal to the press is the morning of April 4th. The car will then be moved to a private area for VCA members. In early Feb, national is going to be sending out meeting invites to the members. That's right this is by invitation only. If you want to go you will have to RSVP with national, not just our region.

I tell you this because as you may have noticed, April 4th is a Wednesday.

NY/CT region is arranging for a buss from Tator's. I believe there will be a fee for the buss based on how many seats are booked.

Are you still interested in going? If so, I would also like to know if you would like to head to Tato'rs to join the NY/CT guys on the buss, or are you planning on going direct.

I would like to be able to convey some numbers to the NY/CT since they are getting ready to sign a contract for the buss, so please respond ASAP. Thanks for your prompt response.

Joe

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I sent you an email with questions about what day the buses will be departing from, and returning to Tator's Garage. Some of us have to plan vacation time. I think everyone could benefit from this information.

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I sent you an email with questions about what day the buses will be departing from, and returning to Tator's Garage. Some of us have to plan vacation time. I think everyone could benefit from this information.

Agree we could, but I don't have it yet. We are all still waiting to see what the event schedule will be. I will certainly keep you posted as I have to do the same thing.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

OH Mannnn c'mon .... Easy having green needs vacation time give me a break.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Rick. Things are getting more complicated though.
There is also a second reception on the 5th. The problem is it is in NJ. To get to the show from there, the best way is the ferry. Multiple back and forth trips on the ferry could get expensive and if you miss the last ferry of if it is sold out you are S.O.L.:omg:
I suggest that our bus take us to a hotel in NY near the show location. We also need to nail down when the bus from Tator's leaves for NY Show and when/where it departs the show to return to Tator's.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Rick. Things are getting more complicated though. There is also a second reception on the 5th. The problem is it is in NJ. To get to the show from there, the best way is the ferry. Multiple back and forth trips on the ferry could get expensive and if you miss the last ferry of if it is sold out you are S.O.L.:omg: I suggest that our bus take us to a hotel in NY near the show location. We also need to nail down when the bus from Tator's leaves for NY Show and when/where it departs the show to return to Tator's.
I sent joe a detailed email about the bus trip, hotel info, etc. Hopefully he will post it up today. Right now, we don't know what the time the bus will leave/return from/to Tator's because the itinerary for the GenV party hasn't been released, yet. The party is set for the "sometime during the evening of April 4th". I suspect it will be printed on the invitations. Right now, we know that the bus will leave Tator's sometime on the afternoon on April 4th. The plan is to have the bus take folks back to Tator's after the party that evening. Once we have the party details, we'll nail down the times. We can look into additional bus options. For those members that want to stay the night and return the next day we can look into getting a smaller return bus on April 5th. We have members that are coming back the evening of April 4th and members staying overnight. So we'll do our best to accomodate everyone. thx.

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVCA Family,
The Details are rolling in, and everyone's getting excited.

There are two options being provided for you to attend the NY Auto Show. Either way it looks like a lot of us from New England will be attending. This promises to be a spectacular event. Man I can't wait, but first…

If you have renewed your VCA membership for 2012, you will be receiving a very special invitation from SRT (that’s right, the team that is giving us the Gen V Viper) in the mail. This invitation is to see the brand new Gen V Viper (Stryker) in a private facility in NYC as well as party with SRT on April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. That’s right; the SRT team wants the VCA members and their guests to see the new Viper before the general public at the upcoming NYC Auto Show in April. The actual VCA unveiling will take place in sometime in the evening on April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. The actual itinerary will be on the invitation. Soon after SRT does a press unveil with the Gen V, they will haul it to a private facility in SOHO for us to see! The Gen V is being unveiled right in our backyards!

If you have NOT renewed your VCA membership for 2012, you will NOT receive an invitation from SRT or be able to register for this event. To renew your membership: https://www.viperclub.org/membership/ This will be a first-come, first-serve registration so get renewed ASAP and keep an eye out for those invitations. In addition to this special event, your officers are arranging the following in cooperation with NY/CT region:

Options Summary:
· Coach Bus Transportation from/to Tator’s Garage to the unveiling on April 4[SUP]th[/SUP], Hotel somewhere near Tator Garage (CT?)
· Official Hotel of the VCA for NYC Auto Show, Gen V Unveil and Cocktail party!

Option 1:
Coach Bus From Tator’s Garage April 4[SUP]th
[/SUP]
NY/CT Region is putting together a package with a coach bus company to provide transportation to/from Tator’s Garage and the Gen V unveiling for April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. Those wishing NOT to drive into NYC have the option to meet up at Tator’s Garage, feast on the Wizard’s deviled eggs and enjoy a comfortable trip to the Gen V unveiling.

Bus Location: Tator’s Garage South Salem, NY
Bus Departure Time: Afternoon on April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]
Bus Return Time: Late evening on April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]
Cost: TBD (depends on how many sign up) Estimating between $20-30pp.

The New England Region plan as it stands right now is to join the NY/CT Region, take the bus down and back on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP]. Since it will be a late night we will be looking for a reasonable hotel to crash before heading home on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP].

If you would like to take advantage of riding the bus, please reply to this email and let me know ASAP. Or reply/respond here: [url]http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/650546-NY-Auto-Show-April-4th[/URL]. NY/CT region is negotiating a bus contract and obviously the more we have sign up the cheaper the pricing will be. Final bus trip details will be made available once the Gen V unveil itinerary for April 4[SUP]th[/SUP] is known, hopefully in the next two weeks.

OPTION 2:

Official Hotel of the VCA for NYC Auto Show, Gen V Unveil and Cocktail party!

The VCA has arranged for an official hotel to host those members that wish to stay over for the NYC auto show. Rooms have been blocked off from April 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] to April 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. You have until midnight 3/5/2012 to get the great rates below. For those members that wish to stay overnight after the April 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Gen V party, there will be a special cocktail party/reception on April 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. (See hotel details below):

We are pleased to announce that we have secured great pricing on rooms for the NY Auto Show in April.

The VCA has chosen the Sheraton Hotel in Weehaken, NJ which is located on the Hudson River with spectacular views of the NYC Skyline! It is also located directly across from the Javits Center where the show is being held. There is a
ferry that goes directly from the Sheraton to NYC, you get off across the street from the Javits Center.

www.sheraton.com/lincolnharbor

We have blocked off rooms from April 3 thru April 8, you have until midnight 3/05/2012 to get this great rate so do
not hesitate book the date.

Guest Room with 1 person includes 1 roundtrip Ferry ticket $179.00
Guest Room with 2 persons includes 2 roundtrip Ferry tickets $189.00
Guest room with 3 persons includes 3 roundtrip Ferry tickets $199.00
Guest Room with 4 persons includes 4 roundtrip Ferry tickets $209.00

Rates are quoted on a net, non-commissionable basis and are subject to the current NJ State and Occupancy Tax
combined hotel tax of 15%, per room per night.

Those who are flying in should shoot for Newark Airport

Those who are driving in there is plenty of complimentary parking, only 8 semi covered spaces. It is a safe location.

TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM CALL 1-800-325-3535 reservation code "VIPER CLUB of AMERICA"
remember these rates are only good thru midnight 3/05/2012!

On Thursday Night 4/05/2012 we will have a Cocktail Party at the hotel in a room overlooking NYC!
There will be a Filet Mignon carving station with garlic mashed potatoes, a Mediterranean Station that will feature pasta, salads, Artisan cheeses, cold cuts etc...
They will also have Waiters walking around with several other tasty dishes.
Price includes Beer and Wine

Estimated at $60.00 per person, more details to follow as we are still putting it together.

We look forward to seeing you in April, a very exciting time for our Club and our Manufacturer!

Regards,

Your National Officer's and Director's

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are interested in staying overnight near the show so that we can attend the auto show on Thursday. I am disappointed that the Tator's bus is returning Wednesday night because that won't allow us to attend the show. If there is another bus option for the return trip as Rick mentioned please let us know. At this point we are looking for NEVCA members who want to stay in NY (close to the show) Weds night and would like to caravan to NY on Wednesday (this is assuming no other bus options are offered).

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are interested in staying overnight near the show so that we can attend the auto show on Thursday. I am disappointed that the Tator's bus is returning Wednesday night because that won't allow us to attend the show. If there is another bus option for the return trip as Rick mentioned please let us know. At this point we are looking for NEVCA members who want to stay in NY (close to the show) Weds night and would like to caravan to NY on Wednesday (this is assuming no other bus options are offered).

The NY/CT group has 22 people right now that are just going down for the day (wed). Let's see what we can do for you guys. If we can work a two bus solution: an additional one that returns on Thurs or whenever we'll do so. I'll work with Joe on this.

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, anyone that wants to is welcome to stay over in the city. The majority of people I spoke with did not indicate that wanted to do that. If Tony can provide a bus return for Thursday that is great, if not you might consider taking the train out of Stamford, CT. I know the hotel is on the wrong side of the river for us, so you may have to find a place. This is still evolving and we have been working all the options.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey New England - Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you outside of Saratoga this year! :2tu:

There are tons of options with transit if you're dead-set on not staying on the other side of the Hudson River and you also don't want to drive/park in NYC. Feel free to PM or post up in the NY forum if you want info from the NY commuter crowd.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's Garage is sponsoring the bus ride!

All the riders need to do is tip the Driver. :money: :2tu:

Also if you are driving in from far away and don't want to drive home that night, there are rooms available at http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi...tyhocn=DNBDHGI This Hotel is 15 mins North of me.

Originally Posted by JPL
Not crazy about the yellow school bus idea, here is a fancy "Gala" in NYC, and we roll up like a bunch of turnips.....

JPL....Get over it! :spank:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456