NY Auto Show spoiler- 621HP & 738lb-ft

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is on the new Mercedes SL65- seems they don't mind spilling the beans a few weeks early:smirk:

C'mon SRT, we need some more fuel for the fire. Can't you give us anything else?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers gonna eat that alive.

Viper was 600 hp back in 08 when that was simply a unherd of number on sub 300k cars.

The shock and awe will continue

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vell, zat ist yest anuzzer eggzampull uv vye ve ist all verree happee zat Daimler no longer ist eine partnurr ov Chrysler. Zee Eyetalyuns undertan zat dee Vipurr ist a magnifiscent masheen und itt vill essen ( eat ) dat silvur bulletturd.

Ausgeschichnet, das neue Viper vill be da SnakeCharmer ov dem awll.

SRT uber Alles!!!!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just detailed a Twin Turbo V12 S 65 AMG. 608 HP and 738 lbs of torque and the car was an 05. Awesome ride.

Bruce

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vell, zat ist yest anuzzer eggzampull uv vye ve ist all verree happee zat Daimler no longer ist eine partnurr ov Chrysler. Zee Eyetalyuns undertan zat dee Vipurr ist a magnifiscent masheen und itt vill essen ( eat ) dat silvur bulletturd.

Ausgeschichnet, das neue Viper vill be da SnakeCharmer ov dem awll.

SRT uber Alles!!!!

LOVE IT Bill! Best thing I have read in a long time!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the issues that must be addressed with these HP comparisons is that most of them obtain their numbers with forced induction via superchargers or Turbos.

For a car designed for the track, these compressors are not a viable option as they quickly heat soak and the performance will vary greatly lap to lap. Porshe has done perhaps the best at this, but still for dedicated track models, naturally aspirated engines are usually fitted.

Coming off a corner with forced induction is a real challenge for drivers, as the boost and power is not controlled so much by the throttle as by engine RPM's. Just when you need to back out of the throttle a bit, the power continues to rise and the driver has lost control over torque when the engine takes over that modulation.

For a big heavy Autobahn runner, this gives a great feeling of power, but for a track performance vehicle it cannot be tolerated.

For driving on the edge, such as the NRing, exquisite throttle control is manditory for fast times.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I can read it

Better Yet.... Here is what it says with the exception of one word I can't figure out:

"Well, that is just another example of why we is all very happy that Daimler no longer is an partner of Chrysler. The Italians understand that the Viper is a magnificent machine and it will eat that silver bullet ****.

"Ausgeschichnet" (I can't figure that one out), the new Viper will be the Snake Charmer of them all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456