NY/CT Region presents a DAY at LIMEROCK!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott whats the story with limerock..heard from Dimitrios theres something going on about you guys that they wont let rt/10 on the track? too low cockpit or something? huh?

Adam

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, now I am really disapointed. Broomstick rule? I'll tell them what they can do with that broomstick. I was going to back out of the Ferrari event on the 29th for personal reasons, but f*ck that, now I'm going! I guess I'm blowing off Limerock.

AC

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I will be there this Sat. and will find out how this stupid rule is handled by the track.
GREAT Steve! That would be a big help. Just leave some asphalt for the rest of us, huh. :D

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys here is the story on Lime Rock. I was up there instructing and driving on Sat. at a PDA event. The track was ok with all of the targa topped cars including some convertible S2000 Honda's etc.. What I suggest for the RT/10's is to come up with your hard top on, just to be safe. Even if you don't have one, I feel there will not be an issue on a private school day like ours. SRT's should be treated like the other convertibles that were on the track Sat.,however we can't guarantee it. On that note I suggest everyone sit as low in the cars as possible. Please remember this is a school and there will be instructors there for everyone who would like one. It's never a bad idea even for an experienced driver to get another set of eyes watching him on the track.Every one will be matched up in a group that matches there experience levels.This is a great day to come out and drive spiritedly in a safe environment.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ***NEWS UPDATE*** :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Things are getting better thanks to major efforts by Tom Hayden and Steve Katz!

There will be 2 driving groups.

Group 1- Instructional beginners/first timers group. This group will NOT be restricted by the "broomstick rule". You can drive what you bring.

Group 2- Experienced drivers (may be subdivided into speed groups depending on need). This group WILL be restricted by the "broomstick rule" (although you should still bear in mind Steve's comments about the ACTUAL enforcement).

Costs:

Group 1 will be $225 for the day!!!
Group 2 will be $300 for the day!

And payments to the Aston Martin Owners Club can be made by credit card!

I'll post all the new details and the registration forms in the next few days. :2tu:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quick question

My srt as it sits right now is really set up for 1/4 mile runs due to my tire/wheel set up. I am having cust rims made as we speek so that I may attend more events. I don't think that that they will be ready by the event date. Can I come just to watch and whats the cost and who do I contact?

thanks in advance
VD..

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, one more question. I have a friend who might want to run his BMW. Can he?

So to whom do I send the $$$ ?

Thanks,
Andrew
Here's the link to the registration form. Print a copy and fax with your CC number to Susan by tomorrow, Monday!

As for your friend, not really sure. Maybe you should speak to Tom or Steve. There may be an insurance issue if he's not a member.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew ,scroll up you will find the sign up sheet.Just fill it out with credit card info and fax it back ASAP. Viper D sure you can just come up and see what it is all about if your rims are not ready.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question

My srt as it sits right now is really set up for 1/4 mile runs due to my tire/wheel set up. I am having cust rims made as we speek so that I may attend more events. I don't think that that they will be ready by the event date. Can I come just to watch and whats the cost and who do I contact?

thanks in advance
VD..
D:

I guess you could go and watch, but that would make ME nuts to be there and no drive. I'd venture that if you used your car with its present setup, you'd be fine in the instructional group. There's a LOT to learn about road racing without putting the car to its limits.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew ,scroll up you will find the sign up sheet.Just fill it out with credit card info and fax it back ASAP. Viper D sure you can just come up and see what it is all about if your rims are not ready.

drag radials and turns don't mix!!!! gotta wait til the 20's are made for my beast.

vd..

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone going up Sat am, or is everyone going up the night before? If Sat am, I wouldn't mind hooking up, but I am trailering the car so I guess I have to watch what highways I drive on.

Andrew

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew I am trying to go up fri. afternoon so I can go to the Aston Martin car show but if I cant get out of work I will let you know

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sign in is 8. I'd like to have may car off the trailer and ready to go by then, so I'll be leaving my house by 5.

lol....now lets see who want to go up with me...

AC

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck's going to be doing tech inspection at the track. Maybe you and he can hook for the drive up Andrew?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going up fri.afternoon if I can get out of work.The Aston Martin club is having a concourse fri. that will be cool to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang