NY/CT Region presents a DAY at LIMEROCK!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here's the TENTATIVE situation.
We've been able to hook up with the Aston Martin Owner's Club to share a track day at LIMEROCK . Saturday May 21st for the full day.

The Event will be a Driving SCHOOL. It will be instructional and cater to first timers, beginners and "novice" drivers driving their OWN Vipers. There will likely be a "lead foot" group, but the event will be designed for beginners and DRIVERS WILL ONLY BE PLACED IN GROUPS WITH COMPARABLE DRIVERS. There will be considerable classroom and on-track instruction, so we will be catering to beginners. All you need is a Viper, VCA membership and a Snell approved Helmet.

The cost will be determined by the amount of participants but the day will likely run between $250 and $300.

I need to know ASAP how many of you are seriously interested. If we can't get a reasonable number of owners this isn't gonna happen.

What do you say guys and gals? Can we pull off this great opportunity? :headbang:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im in as of now....:)

i dont see any problems but its real hard for me to plan THAT far in advance.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tators May 7th-- Zone Rendevouz May 14th ---Lime Rock May 21st!!!!! :2tu: :D :D Count me in! Now I have to buy a helmet! Beginners? Does racing around town like hell as a Kid from 16 up count? Those cars didn't handle like a Viper. I remember the day I raced another buddy down RT 34 past Newtown high school. I was in the wrong lane, and I had another buddy with me as a passenger. He was screaming so loud to get off of it he lost his voice for 2 days. His hand prints were in the dash board. When I think of all the stupid things we did It's amazing we are alive. I guess it wasn't our time! Scott I though we were going to do fewer events but bigger ones! 3 weeks in a row! Memorial Day???? :confused: :D

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott I though we were going to do fewer events but bigger ones! 3 weeks in a row! Memorial Day???? :confused: :D
The thought is to do more short and cheap events to get more members involved. I miss Limerock and have some old friends that still hold events there...so this opportunity just came up.

It will only happen if we can get a good number of members to participate. Hopefully, I'll here back from enough in this thread to commit.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott..since were going up with the Aston Martin Group can I bring my Diablo..
Adam
As long as you're bringing your Viper you should be fine. I you sell it prior to the event, I guess we'll deal with it (wink).

Speedracer24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i live about 45 minutes away from Limerock and would love to come out and get some pics and video but im only 15 and no Viper....would i be able to come out or is it members with Vipers only?

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too many back to back to back weekend events. Limerock should be moved to early June. I was really looking forward to Limerock, but now I'm going to miss it.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i live about 45 minutes away from Limerock and would love to come out and get some pics and video but im only 15 and no Viper....would i be able to come out or is it members with Vipers only?

Email me when it gets closer. I will pick you up and drop you off if you are interested. I am in Wallingford CT. My son is too young right now so I have an extra seat..

rob

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, been away for the day.

There's really no magic number. It all has to do with holding events that grab participants. If we run events that bring out 10 Vipers (call it 4% of our members)...well, what's the point? I'd like to see a MINIMUM of 15 Vipers. I'd say that when we got over 20, it would become (IMO) an event that we should seriously consider holding on an annual basis.

As for the date, well we simply can't change that. This completely "pre-packaged" situation just became available and we jumped at the possible opportunity.

I need a general head count, so if you think it's likely that you'll attend, post it.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Guys! We need a few more!! I'll buy Dinner Saturday night! :2tu:

Now my whole family is coming!!!
Now that was funny!

I think we're going to run with the event. It's just too good a situation for us and I'm betting on the fact that we can get a least 15 drivers.

Especially now that CT's picking up the tab! :headbang:
(j/k)

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Micky D's, Subway, Burger King, KFC! :D :D :D :2tu: I haven't been to Lime rock in 5 years,so not sure where we can eat??? :D I even bought a Simpson helmet last night on HelmetCity.com site with VCA 10% Discount! :headbang: :headbang:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam I need to scrape up that $100 and become a member
It's about time! Will you and your couz YoTony get with the damm program already? :headbang:

LMAO

Yeah I know im gonna do it ASAP just saving for my appointment with Chuck (may 9th)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte