NY/CT Viper Fuel Rally Aug. 30th

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting At: North side Rest Area Long Island Expressway between exits 51 and 52

Meeting Time: 10:00 A.M.

Get ready for the first annual Viper Rally Fuel Burn to see which members can conserve the most amount of fuel and those that can burn up the most amount of fuel in the same driving distance. You can decide if you want to drive in the Eco-Friendly Group (go for the best MPG) or be a total Gas Hog (wasting fuel and killing the environment) there's prizes for the two extremes. After we meet on the North side of the LIE rest area between exits 51 and 52, we'll head to the Gulf Gas Station on Deer Park Avenue where all of our cars will be fueled to the top and our odometers set to Zero. From there we'll all drive the same route to Westhampton Beach for a quick stop at Manhattan Motors for a refreshment and quick tour of the facility filled with exotics. Then we'll head to Oakdale where we will re-fuel to topoff and determine everyones MPG. We'll have two winners for the best fuel economy :D and the worst fuel economy:crazy2:. The winners will be treated to lunch at our final destination Mannino's Italian Restaurant. If you like great Italian food you definitely want to be on this rally! All MPG results for everyone will also be posted on this thread.

dsc0706h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Click on the link to check the lunch menu:
:: Manninos - Restaurant - Lounge ::

Driving Tips for the Event:

Eco Friendly Drivers: Try to keep Rpm's Down as much as possible, Skip shift, brake early and coast at every chance, light throttle uphills and little to no throttle downhills.

Gas Hogs: Have a Dimitrios type driving style (rev motor often and make RPM's higher than what they should be) occasional burnouts, partake in generating considerable Noise Pollution, basically drive viper like its your last day owning it..

Add name and Guest to Attend:
Byrd *** plus one
Chazz plus one
Ted Dzus + 1

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If JIMMY! enters this, nobody has a chance on the best MPG. JIMMY all the way baby! :headbang:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
(1) Chazz + 1
(2) Qtr Turn + 1
(3) PlumCrazy + 1
(4) *** BLK + 1
(5) Randy + 1
(6) Jimmy
(7) Mamba55 + 1

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello??? Grandpa Grayson would be a shoe in for MPG! ;)

Scott, normally I would agree but Jimmy has you beat. I swear this man runs his Viper on air, not gas. You'll see, YOU WILL ALL SEE! Be afraid...be VERY afraid. :omg:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Tony, I'm in! I have the new PS2's on, only a couple of months old. They replaced the 4yr old PS1's. I'm going for the eco-friendly driver. Bring it on Scott! If this gets you to come to an event, then the challenge is on!! :drive:It would be my suggestion that the same person, or an official, fuel all the cars at both gas stations to insure accuracy of fill up and odometer trip reset as well as recording the regular odometer, as the gas hog group could reset the trip odometer to make it appear they used more fuel. :rolleyes: Did I get that right? Hey Tony, you should enter the fuel hog group, just retune your vec first. :D Who's bringing the calculator? Can we get a map of the route in case the slower eco-friendly cars get way behind the gas hogs? I'm taking this as seriously as Chuck and Tony and the deviled egg contest!:lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, I ditched the Vec and got an SCT tune. If I had the Vec, I suppose I could tune it to be pig rich for the worst MPG. I guess I could also scale back the injectors and make it run lean. But I'd have to be pretty stupid and/or desperate to win at the cost of possibly losing my engine. Not something I would do or recommend.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, I ditched the Vec and got an SCT tune. If I had the Vec, I suppose I could tune it to be pig rich for the worst MPG. I guess I could also scale back the injectors and make it run lean. But I'd have to be pretty stupid and/or desperate to win at the cost of possibly losing my engine. Not something I would do or recommend.
Certainly I wouldn't want you to ruin your engine! Don't you need to dump a little more fuel to keep the cats cool? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This rally will not be timed if you guys want to slow boat to save gas. However I am planning that we will arrive at Mannino's for lunch around 1:00. I will provide a map of the route to you guys the day of the event. I will go around to make sure everyone is topped off and remind to set Odometers to Zero. If everyone plays fair the results of this should be very interesting. I don't think anyone has done an MPG Viper rally for both extremes of consumption. Scott are you in?
Please update the following confirmed so far:

Confirmed So Far:
(1) Chazz + 1
(2) Qtr Turn + 1
(3) PlumCrazy + 1
(4) *** BLK + 1
(5) Randy + 1
(6) Jimmy
(7) Mamba55 + 1

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put me down as maybe. I may have a little time in the morning to at least take the drive with the group, but I definitely won't be able to stay for lunch

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
(1) Chazz + 1

(2) Qtr Turn + 1
(3) PlumCrazy + 1
(4) *** BLK + 1
(5) Randy + 1
(6) Jimmy
(7) Mamba55 + 1
(8) Rich

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put me down as maybe. I may have a little time in the morning to at least take the drive with the group, but I definitely won't be able to stay for lunch

Rich, if you come and end of winning can I have your free lunch since you can't stay :D....Adrian

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I think I just got the North side thing, even though it's in bold. Does this mean it's the opposite side of the highway we usually at? Just doublechecking.

GMBRASCO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
had an awesome time, cant wait to do it agian. this time ill bring the calculator (lol). 15 mpg at 120mph, something dont add up??????lmao.

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the results with the corrected mileage which is 72 miles covered. (This correction was an average since the cars ranged from 68 to 75 miles). All the drivers followed the same route from start to our final destination. The first annual Viper Fuel Rally was truly a hit and everyone had an awesome time driving (racing/slow boating) and checking their results.

Jimmy Audet 94 R/T10 fuel consumption: 3.74 Gal. MPG 19.76 :D
mods: k&n filter

Mike Talb 05 SRT fuel consumption: 4.96 Gal. MPG 14.56
mods: Corsa, k&n

Gasper Nogara 02 GTS fuel consumption: 4.64 Gal. MPG 15.53
stock

Lou Dovi 01 GTS fuel consumption: 7.02 Gal. MPG 10.26
mods: Corsa Cat Back, Hi Flow Cats, SCT Tune, k&N

Vito Mercurio 09 SRT fuel consumption: 4.40Gal. MPG 16.38
stock

Richie Snakeskin Green fuel consumption: 4.16Gal. MPG 17.31
Mods: Hi-FLow Cats, comp. tune 3:55 gears