NY/CT ViperTony's BBQ Sun Sep 5th

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What: BBQ
Where: Cheshire, CT
When: Noon - whenever

I figured since I can't get my Viper to some of our events, I'll bring the Vipers to my house! :D Since our club has done so much for me I want to give back a little by proving our region with some BBQ on Aug 5th. As some of you know, I'm in culinary school and I'm honored to cook this homemade meal for you. Here's a sample of the menu I'm preparing. Vegans need not read beyond this sentence. :rolaugh:

Smoked BBQ Ribs
Massive pork ribs encrusted with Chef Tony's dry rub mix and smoked 6hrs over low heat and served with a variety of homemade BBQ sauces and corn bread. Bring your bibs.

BBQ Pulled Pork
Tender pork butt bathed with Chef Tony's tangy BBQ marinade and slow cooked/smoked for several hours until the meat literally falls off the bone. Served on potato or savory biscuit buns with your choice of hot, tangy or tropical BBQ sauces.

The Bacon Explosion
Google "Bacon Explosion"...it speaks for itself. ;-)

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak over Grilled Romaine (Plumcrazy Special)
Flank steak marinated using Chef Tony's secret marinage. Grilled to perfection and served sliced over grilled romaine lettuce.

Lobster Mac & Cheese
Not your ordinary mac and cheese. A blend of Gruyere and extra-sharp cheddar is married with poached lobster meat and baked to a creamy perfection.

Potato Salad
A BBQ isn't complete without potato salad. Yukon gold potatoes, fresh dill and buttermilk are just a few of the highlights.

Slaw
Chef Tony's homemade slaw.

White Bean Salad with Grilled Figs
Savory white bean salad with pancetta, fresh plum tomatos, red onion, blue cheese, fresh herbs served with grilled figs and balsamic glaze.

Deviled Eggs
Chef Tony's famous deviled eggs...made famous because they scare the great Wizard himself. ;-)

Dessert
TBD.​

Beer, Wine, Soda, Water will be provided.

***Please RSVP by Friday Sep 3rd as I need to food shop and having a headcount will help.***

Additionally, if we need to work up an apetite, an indoor kart facility is located 10 minutes from my house. I can arrange something for Sunday morning if there's enough interest: OnTrack Karting - Connecticut's premier indoor karting facility and entertainment center

Kids are welcome.​

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT ViperTony's BBQ Sun Aug 5th

date is wrong but i'll be there.

kids ?....:(

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: NY/CT ViperTony's BBQ Sun Aug 5th

Fixed it Plum, thanks.

Confirmed:
ViperTony + 7
GregA+1

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lobster mac and cheese, I must try that! Please add me to the list Tony.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed:
ViperTony + 7
GregA+1
*** BLK+1
Chazz+1
Lou
Rocky+3
MKTaxMan+1
Steven+Maria
Rich L
JIMMY!
Plumcrazy + 0

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Tony, that sounds absolutely awesome! Unfortunately, we have a family BBQ on the 5th that has been planned for some time now. :(

Is there any chance the date would change? If not, I do hope you will have great weather and a super BBQ day! Of course, you will not have the advantage of one of the super fast reds to speed up things!:D

Til the next time.

Peter

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold pack. Some of everything. I will reimburse you for the shipping charges.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I updated the menu a bit and figured out what I wanted to do with desserts...nothing say's summer in New England with fresh blueberry pie and strawberries. And for you vegans...I gave in added smoked corn on the cob. :) We may be fighting off the wild-life once they get a whiff of what's cooking out back on Sunday. :omg: Bring your appetites. I do have a heated pool and jacuzzi so feel free to bring your swimmies.

Smoked BBQ Ribs

Massive pork ribs encrusted with Chef Tony's dry rub mix and smoked 6hrs over low heat and served with a variety of homemade BBQ sauces and corn bread. Bring your bibs.

Smoked Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob massaged with whole butter and salt wrapped in it's husk and slowly smoked over apple wood.

BBQ Pulled Pork
Tender pork butt bathed with Chef Tony's tangy BBQ marinade and slow cooked/smoked for several hours until the meat literally falls off the bone. Served on potato or savory biscuit buns with your choice of hot, tangy or tropical BBQ sauces.

The Bacon Explosion
Google "Bacon Explosion"...it speaks for itself. ;-)

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak over Grilled Romaine (Plumcrazy Special)
Flank steak marinated using Chef Tony's secret marinade. Grilled to perfection and served sliced over grilled romaine lettuce.

Lobster Mac & Cheese
Not your ordinary mac and cheese. A blend of Gruyere and extra-sharp cheddar is married with poached lobster meat and baked to a creamy perfection.

Potato Salad
A BBQ isn't complete without potato salad. Yukon gold potatoes, fresh dill and buttermilk are just a few of the highlights.

Slaw
Chef Tony's homemade slaw.

White Bean Salad with Grilled Figs
Savory white bean salad with pancetta, fresh plum tomatos, red onion, blue cheese, fresh herbs served with grilled figs and balsamic glaze.

Deviled Eggs
Chef Tony's famous deviled eggs...made famous because they scare the great Wizard himself. ;-)

Dessert
Tony's homemade Blueberry pie and cheesecake rounds topped with fresh strawberry compote.

Beer, Wine, Soda, Water will be provided.

Confirmed:
ViperTony + 7
SlateEd
GregA
*** BLK+1
Chazz+1
Lou
Rocky+3
MKTaxMan+1
Steven+Maria
Rich L
JIMMY!
Plumcrazy + 0
Tiger Woods + 1

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little birdy told me a certain high profile member is skeered to show up in fear of tonys eggstra superior skills

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little buddy told me a certain high profile member/vendor is skeered to show up in fear of tpnys eggstra superior skills

LOL, I just spoke with Chuck. He's got a lot going on otherwise he'd be here this weekend. Out of respect for Chuck, I'm only going to make a few deviled eggs for Plum (aka Official Deviled Egg Taster) to critique. :)

Confirmed:
ViperTony + 7
SlateEd
GregA
*** BLK+1
Chazz+1
Lou
Rocky+3
MKTaxMan+1
Steven+Maria
Rich L
JIMMY!
Plumcrazy + 0
Tiger Woods + 1

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, thanks again for the invite. As i said in the email, we are scheduled to head over to Greenport LI for the day with friends, but I'm already working on a way to get out of going... :D

At this point pencil Sneaky Pete +1 as 70% sure we'll be able to attend!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, thanks again for the invite. As i said in the email, we are scheduled to head over to Greenport LI for the day with friends, but I'm already working on a way to get out of going... :D

At this point pencil Sneaky Pete +1 as 70% sure we'll be able to attend!

Scott, if you can make it, great but I feel guilty taking you away from Greenport as the weather is going to be perfect!

Confirmed:
ViperTony + 7
SlateEd
GregA
*** BLK+1
Chazz+1
Lou
Rocky+3
MKTaxMan+1
Steven+Maria
Rich L
JIMMY!
Plumcrazy + 0
Tiger Woods + 1
Sneaky Pete + 1 (tentative)
FlashGordon (tentative)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW...the weather is looking PERFECT this weekend!!! I will post up directions to my place this afternoon. Gotta go smoke some butts. :D

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, if you can make it, great but I feel guilty taking you away from Greenport as the weather is going to be perfect!

We head over to LI on a regular basis, but we dont get to hang with fellow VCA members and chow grade A BBQ all that often... We'll see you tomorrow! :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, thanks for the food and fun. i had a blast but i was SCAMMED.

there were NO deviled eggs !!!

i always liked tators deviled eggs the best :)

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christine and I had a wonderful time... It was great to meet everyone. Always fun to see some great looking Vipers, shoot the **** with good people, and best of all... eat some top notch food. Tony you rock!!! Thanks to you and your lovely wife for the excellent food and hospitality!

BTW, you guys should have went to the track with us, we had a blast!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A HUGE thanks to ViperTony and Cathy and for serving amazing food. Scott a.k.a Sneaky Pete and Christine welcome to "The Family" looking forward to seeing you on more cruises :2tu:

3rd Annual "SnakeFest" Weekend:
NY/CT Dinner Sept. 2, 2011 :) Our Very Own Slate Ed
NY/CT: CT Event Sept. 3, 2011 :headbang: The One and Only Jimmmmmmmy
NY/CT ViperTony's BBQ Sun Sept. 4, 2011 :D

NY/CT Breakfast Cruise Sept. 5, 2011 ;) Thanks ViperJon and Chazz

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one hungry family!!! :D It was our pleasure and I'm already working on next year's menu. ;) Although, I do feel I have shamed myself for not making the deviled eggs...poor Phil was beside himself when he found out. Unfortunately, I ran out of time. I'm certain, however, we could arrange a deviled egg tasting in South Salem, NY soon. ;)

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, Thank you so much !!! Your food was off-the-charts, from lobster-mac to steak to BBQ pork....everything, just awesome!

Here's a quick SLIDESHOW

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is why Adrian could barely fit a slice of toast in this morning at breakfast.....

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...Adrian called me this afternoon to say he was hungry and that he regretted not taking home leftovers for "snacking". Charlie couldn't button his shorts when he was getting ready to leave. :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten