O.E.M Mopar RT/10 rear spoiler (New in box) Very Rare.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Original rear Mopar RT/10 spoiler New in the box which I never ended
up installing on my car. What's a the market value for such an item knowing their no longer available or being sold by anyone at this time. Any imput?
Thanks, Burt

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the last OEM Mopar Spoiler (Red) from Parts Rack back in March. I paid $569.00 + $46.00 Shipping if that helps you gauge the market....

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know that wing is about to be released from the partsrack in carbonfiber. I would sell it soon because the value will go way down as soon as these are released. Yours is fiberglass and the new one is an exact replica but carbon fiber. I hear that they are going to be in the $500 range may be wrong thou. I think that $600 is about right for your original . I would take my advise and sell it soon because as soon as the carbon fiber one is out that is what everyone will want. I am personally waiting for them just because of the material it is made out of. Good luck with the sale. John Lomant

OP
OP
Burt G

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

The release of a reproduction carbon fiber spoiler was made possible with the assistance of Jon B and his associates & My spoiler. I've been aware of its
introduction for sometime now However, I think that a Factory original unit
will likely command more $$ for someone who wants only O.E.M accessories for their Vipers. (IMHO) Thanks for your reply
Burt

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. Im sure you will find someone like that. I still cant wait to see the carbonfiber one thou.

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not A Golden Egg

Burt,

This isn't a Golden Egg. You have made a real nice profit with the free mats you received for your Viper from JonB. Anything above what you paid for it originally will be additional profit.

In a post by SSVPower.com for a group buy on RT/10 Spoilers "no one" had any interest except me. I currently have a spoiler that was damaged in shipment recently, and needs some work so I will consider your spoiler or JonB's new lightweight Carbon Fiber spoiler. When either of the 3 are painted yellow, no one will know the difference.

You have to be losing too much sleep over this to be good for your health.

How about pricing it or put it in a closet and forget about it.

Kind regards,
Alan

OP
OP
Burt G

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Not A Golden Egg

Alan,

Sir, you are correct! Its not a golden egg. Its only a rear deck lid spoiler for our cars (the last original uninstalled
Mopar spoiler) I'm not looking to cash out on this small item accessorie & make a down payment on another Viper by any means but for the right collector this maybe worth more
to them than you. Thanks for your imput
P.S. Call Jon.B again the Floor mats were not free I paid $78.00 Heck of a bargan though!
Burt

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Price it then.
Thanks,
Alan:)

Also, if someone is a collector and has a collectable car, they won't add a spoiler to it because it will lower the value of the car.

Your spoiler could be good for a car that is damaged in the rear end, but then who would need an original spoiler on a wrecked car.

No Vipers came with this spoiler installed from the factory so it is not a collectible item. Just hard to find until Jon's is out.

Jon B is coming out wilth fibergalss and carbon fiber spoilers. He is getting a look at the first one tomorrow. (Friday)

OP
OP
Burt G

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alan,

Your killing me :) With all these negetive factors on a rear spoiler I think
I'm just going to use it as a small table in my backyard. (j.k) I'll call your
Cell # later.
Burt

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Just for the few ignorant ones here, what is the major difference between carbon fiber and fiberglass in regards to weight and/or strength?

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Carbon fiber is lighter. Because of its strength it does not have to be as thick as fiberglass so you have a much lighter weight sitting on the trunk lid. Of course weight=hp. Every little bit of weight you add uses up hp and every little bit you take away is like adding hp. The new Corvette has a lot of carbon fiber in its body, instead of fiberglass.
Take care,
Alan

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give JonB a call at Parts Rack about the carbon fiber version.
Alan :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth